. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. We're planning to make a couple of videos with comparation geckos, leadshines and purelogic drives. If you would like to see specific parameters compared, pls tell me, i'll try to arrange such tests.

It would be interesting to test the 'robustness' claims of the more expensive geckos against the other drives! see how many are left standing at the end.

Well i have 12 dead gecko's is anyone wants to peer inside.
    John S -

4. If you dont plan to get them fixed by Gecko, I'd like to have a look and see if they're fixable.

I have killed two Gecko's to date and was able to fix one but not the other. It was a fairly simple change out of the main chip if I recall and it would have had to have been easy as I am definitely NOT an electronics type of person - arc welding is about as close as I normally get to electrickery.

With my 50% success rate I also have a good home for any dead geckos that are no longer wanted by their owners.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I too would be interested in taking a look at any of the broken geckos you have! I have a little experience with electronics so hopefully may have some idea.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Looks like I'm late in the queue here, but I've fixed a fair few stepper drivers and made some before now so if you want me to have a go I will. Which geckos are they?
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Nothing much in there that's DIY and to me unless your seriously into electronics and properly kitted up you've no chance of DIY repairing.? . . . These things are tiny!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0174.jpg 
Views:	510 
Size:	249.8 KB 
ID:	6591

The only thing that looks like it can be swapped is the chip in the right lower corner, if you can buy one anywhere other than gecko.? The rest to me just say foooooook off don't even think about it.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    unless your seriously into electronics
    [...]
    The rest to me just say foooooook off don't even think about it.!!!
    Coward
    I'd consider all of that easy enough to solder by hand except for the one TQFP IC which is a bit fiddly and isn't likely to break in any case, but then I guess I fall within the seriously into category...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Coward
    Yep and when it comes to that level of soldiering then I ain't afraid to admit it.!! . . . I know my limitations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information