. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anyone has noticed any difference between the cheaper/more expensive parallel pci cards?

The cheapest being around £5 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Female-Paral...5109338&sr=1-7

Most expensive ones closer to £70 EXSYS EX 41094 - Parallel/serial adapter - PCI - parallel, RS-232: ACTEBIS: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Is there anything in particular to look out for when purchasing one of these things?

Regards
    Andy

2. The first is fine for what you need. The second has RS232 com ports as well but is way overpriced, there are far cheaper combo I/O cards that do 1 parallel 2 serial for around £15.

If you are buying a new parallel port card then I'd consider spending a little more (£11) and go for this one: LogiLink PCI Card, 2 Port Parallel: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

as it gives you two parallel ports and therefore more inputs/outputs for future expansion...

Amazon is not always a good place to do price comparisons on product, some vendors on there (not Amazon themselves) have silly pricing... you can get exactly the same functionality for £15 here: Ultron UIP-100 2x Serial 1x Parallel PCI Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    The first is fine for what you need. The second has RS232 com ports as well but is way overpriced, there are far cheaper combo I/O cards that do 1 parallel 2 serial for around £15.

If you are buying a new parallel port card then I'd consider spending a little more (£11) and go for this one: LogiLink PCI Card, 2 Port Parallel: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

as it gives you two parallel ports and therefore more inputs/outputs for future expansion...

Amazon is not always a good place to do price comparisons on product, some vendors on there (not Amazon themselves) have silly pricing... you can get exactly the same functionality for £15 here: Ultron UIP-100 2x Serial 1x Parallel PCI Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
    Does anyone in the UK do a suitable dual parallel half height card at a sensible price? I know some cards can be hacked by modifying the mounting bracket but I've yet to find a modifiable card of the type I mention.

The only one I have come accross is here 2 Port PCI Parallel Adapter Card - EPP/ECP | StarTech.com United Kingdom

£51 though...

Before buying any of them I'd google the model number and 'CNC' to see if anyone else has used the same and if they've had problems. There's lots on eBay so you should be able to pick one that someone else has used successfully with Mach3 or LinuxCNC.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

CPC have loads

PCI

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CS1415207-40.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	6651

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fivetide For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    CPC have loads

PCI

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CS1415207-40.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	6651
    Did you note the price? Or have I got to look it up?

9. £37 (just click the link!) but CPC aren't cheap. that card uses the same chip as the LogiLink one I posted about earlier from Amazon, which is only £11!

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    £37 (just click the link!) but CPC aren't cheap. that card uses the same chip as the LogiLink one I posted about earlier from Amazon, which is only £11!
    Circa £26 extra to get a half height version. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by boldford View Post
    Circa £26 extra to get a half height version. Hmm.
    U did say small form ? thats what I was looking at for you..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information