. .

Thread: My garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    just reading a mig welders forum this stuff seems to work well from what one guy is saying

METAL SHED condensation HELP - Page 2 - MIG Welding Forum

it's like 5mm floor underlay

looking round ebay i could possibly get something like
    Foam Underlay - Carpet - Approx 10m x 1.5m x 8mm NEW LOOK! | eBay

quite cheap and i could spray glue it to the roof no problem

Very ironic you should bring this subject up.

Only last weekend, I decided to draw a line under years of drippy condensation!. Its literally been the bain of my existance since I build the garage 6 years ago.

My garage is 22ft long, by 11ft. Its a mix-match of concrete sections and breeze block. Still only single skin though. then industrial metal roofing sheets (the kind commercial units are clad with)

Two years ago, I converted a gas bottle into a log burner which helps on these cold winter nights, however the warmer you get the garage the more it USED to drip.

The other contributing factor I think, is the fact I sealed the ribbs in the roof in with foam to stop the draft coming in - inbetween.

Anyway, I looked into all kinds of options; had quotes to get it sprayed with foam, thought about putting in a sub-roof inbetween the joists. but in the end decided to bite the bullet and do it properly

so saturday morning I spent £170 on 9 sheets of 8x4 OSB, and 3 rolls of felt.

I removed the metal tin, put the wood down, felted it then put the metal back on top. (sounds so simple!) To be fair it wasnt difficult just heavy work on your tod. Fortunately I have the balance of a ninja cat.

It is now like a sactuary! the accoustics have dramatically changed and best of all... wait for it... NO DRIPPING.

:-D

Whatever you do; spend your money wisely. you may find a cheaper fix but if its somewhere you spend a lot of time its best to have it right.

Thread Information