. .
    Hello,

I am new to the forum and new to owning a CNC. I have done a small amount of CNC operation over the past few year, but very minimal.

I have always wanted to be able to produce milled components with a CNC at home and i am looking for a small CNC mill, preferably with a 4th axis option.

Please can i have some advice on what i have found so far and if i have missed any good options available ?

SIEG X3 [1750 rpm 1kW. 360mm (X), 145mm (Y), 72mm (Z) travel, 162 kg] (from Arc Euro Trade) £1275
    with X3 cnc conversion kit (from AMADEAL) £1750
    TOTAL = £3025

SIEG KX3 [5000 rpm 1kW. 295mm (X), 150mm (Y), 275mm (Z) travel, 201 kg] (from Arc Euro Trade)
    Ballscrew,
    Pre wired for 4th Axis
    Includes Mach3 software
    TOTAL = £4725

SP2215 [5000 rpm 1.5HP. 280mm (X), 185mm (Y), 355mm (Z) travel, "unknown" kg] (From SPG Tools)
    Includes 4th Axis Rotary table and tail stock
    Suds pump and Tank
    TOTAL = £3890

SYIL X4 plus [5000 rpm 1 kW. 280mm (X), 160mm (Y), 350mm (Z) travel spindle to table, 200kg] (From Amadeal)
    4th Axis included
    Hand held pendant control
    TOTAL £5650

SYIL X5 plus [5000 rpm 1.1 kW. 280mm (X), 160mm (Y), 270mm (Z) travel spindle to table, 350 ~ 450 kg] (From Amadeal)
    Ballscrews - double nut ballscrews P5 class PMI OEM
    Linear guideway - HIWIN OEM high precision linear
    4th Axis included
    Hand held pendant control
    TOTAL £6400

The last two are really over my budget, i started out looking/hoping to spend around £3500. I would be happy with a used machine if anyone knows of any. I believe i would be better off with one of the larger machines X4 and larger.

What is the real difference between the X4 and X5 for the money, Linear ways?

Have i missed anything of similar size available in the UK?

Where are good sources for second hand machines like these, other than EBAY and on here?

There seems to be very little information on the 2215, does anyone have any experience ?

Thanks.

The Syil X4 is actually an X3 on linear rails.
    The Syil X5 is slightly larger but the X6 is actually smaller than the X5. Syil play the numbers game to suit them selves.

The 2215 is the same as the KX3 but is not supplied by Sieg but is a clone
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    The Syil X4 is actually an X3 on linear rails.
    The Syil X5 is slightly larger but the X6 is actually smaller than the X5. Syil play the numbers game to suit them selves.

The 2215 is the same as the KX3 but is not supplied by Sieg but is a clone
    Thanks, that's interesting!

The 2215 seems like reasonable value for what is included, but is it any good? I worry about support etc as there is no feedback when I search anywhere.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/items-...c-pc-sale.html

Although this has no 4th axis, it's ready to use and i can add the 4th axis driver to run a 4th axis.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/items-...c-pc-sale.html

Although this has no 4th axis, it's ready to use and i can add the 4th axis driver to run a 4th axis.
    Thanks, I have posted on that thread.
    What would the 4th axis driver include, everything except the actual axis motor etc, so I need to buy one and plug it in?

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    it would include the driver installed in the control box and setup as far as possible in mach. So you would need to buy the 4th axis and plug it in. I can set this up for you if you already have it.

Thread Information