. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Retails for $2500, its virtually brand new and looks immaculate... so I put in a speculative last second bid well below what I was expecting it to go for (around £800)... and it didn't... I think I got a bargain...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$T2eC16FHJGYE9nooiJfTBQKDFBwi6g~~60_12.JPG 
Views:	421 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	6642

somebody tell me I didn't get carried away...
    Last edited by irving2008; 23-08-2012 at 12:24 AM.

What is it, make that is ?
    John S -

3. MAXNC 10, complete with 4th Axis, collet set, vice and chuck... plus soundproof enclosure

I know its not heavy duty, but will easily do PCBs and plastic parts and some light ali work.. (they say steel in the adverts but only if you like watching paint dry)

Dump the software and use Mach, the MaxNC software is the absolute pits.
    John S -

5. Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Dump the software and use Mach, the MaxNC software is the absolute pits.
    What about the machine tho? lol

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    What about the machine tho? lol
    Machine isn't bad, it's two steps up from a Sherline, one step up from a Taig and 37 steps down from a proper machine
    John S -

7. Hi praise indeed from you John ;)

I wanted something small that could do plastic bits and pcbs quicker (in setup terms) and easier than the MD30 could (once I finish CNCing it, whenever that is) and its probably more accurate at the moment too, I need to get the XY dovetails looked at and potentially remachined...

Wow i looked at that myself with 58mins to go!

Looks like it will be nice little machine for you, will keep my eye out for the mach conversion.

.Me
    .Me

That was my other choice on ebay well bought young Sir :) dear god we could have ended up a bidding war .. dohh!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Wow i looked at that myself with 58mins to go!

Looks like it will be nice little machine for you, will keep my eye out for the mach conversion.

.Me
    It was the 4th axis that swung it... apart from PCB I have some ideas about building a quadcopter I designed a while back,. It uses delrin or similar spars with integral motor mounts and needs a 4th axes to machine them in one operation (yes you could do some on mill, some on lathe). Also I think this could double as a 3D printer with an extruder mounted in the spindle collet and a heat bed on the table, that way I get 2 machines in the space of one... and this has the Z-space that a CNC-router of the same footprint wouldn't have.

Doesn't need a MACH conversion as such, its a straight parallel port connection and I already have MACH3 and EMC2 on a dual boot Pentium 4, so just needs a config. But going to drive it from my Pi too...

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    That was my other choice on ebay well bought young Sir :) dear god we could have ended up a bidding war .. dohh!
    I did wonder... I only saw it and jumped in with 15min to go... a very quick google suggested it was worth more than what was currently bid and so I bid some way below what I thought it'd go for... I was quite surprised when I won! Got a nice perpex box with coolant tray to go with it which isn't in the pics. Will be picking it up next couple of weeks... TBH what you picked up is a better bet for the sort of stuff you'll be doing I suspect, larger work area, but this is fine for my needs and if not, well it'll go back on eBay and I'll not lose a lot on it i reckon, esp as it'll now be in London.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information