. .
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    You're a little bundle of joy, sometimes, did you know that?
    Ye I know it's my special gift but I'm going away tomorrow so you'll be ok for a few days untill I find the password for the wifi where I'm staying. . Lol

Ok so an extension lead from the kitchen - it can't be more than 10m if I run it outside through the windows, maybe 30m if I run it up the stairs

(Just for clarity, I don't actually intend to do this!)

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    There's many times I'm running CNC machine while I'm using Lathe with mechanical saw cutting in background and compressor kicking in & out blowing chips form machine, sometimes I even have extractor going at same time.
    And some womenfolk reckon we don't know how to multitask... tut tut

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    if there's a spare spur in the main fusebox fit a 32A/40A breaker and run a new length of 4mm or 6mm cable up to your work area and put a breaker there. Run the machine from that.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    if there's a spare spur in the main fusebox fit a 32A/40A breaker and run a new length of 4mm or 6mm cable up to your work area and put a breaker there. Run the machine from that.
    Which would be sensible I suppose, though once you get into fiddling with the fusebox you need proper electricians and paperwork to prove it's done properly?

Which would be sensible I suppose, though once you get into fiddling with the fusebox you need proper electricians and paperwork to prove it's done properly?
    Don't know what you mean officer it's been like that since I did it.! . . .Err . . mean we moved in.!!. . . . . Actually I think the Regs have got so silly you can't even change a socket now without the HSE police knocking.?

Seriously thou it would be worth the expense for peace of mind and allow you to use what ever you like without torching the place or getting eaten by trolls.!!

Right, just been down to check. Our basement is designed for midgets unfortunately, which is a pain in the arse when you're 6-foot-something.

Older style (pull out the whole fuse not flip a switch) breakers, no spare spaces and, very helpfully, no indication whatsoever of which one is which.

30 Amp, 15 Amp , 30 Amp, 5 Amp, 5 Amp, 15 Amp, 15 Amp, 30 Amp

I'm guessing the 2 x 5 Amps will be lighting and 1 x 30 Amp for the kitchen. That leaves 2 x 30 Amps and 3 x 15 Amps unaccounted for. This calls for some quality time taking out the brakers to see what affects what I guess, but I'll need to wait for a time when the kids are at school and the wife doesn't have any work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Seriously thou it would be worth the expense for peace of mind and allow you to use what ever you like without torching the place or getting eaten by trolls.!!
    I quite agree. I'm perfectly happy with having the old CU replaced and some wiring run up for proper power. It's just starting to double the budget. I was looking forward to ordering the first batch of bits on my birthday next week This might require some thinking.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    you don't want to call in an electrician then, as he will strongly suggest you change the old fusebox and probably most of your wiring.

but I'll need to wait for a time when the kids are at school and the wife doesn't have any work to do.
    Bugger them we need to know now.!! CNC rules over all other things or people and it won't kill them for 5 mins plus they can shout out whats wot.? . . . . In the great words of wolfie smith " Power to the People" of in this case "Power off to the Attic". .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information