. .
    Literally moments away from pulling the trigger on three steppers but I want to confirm something.

These motors from Zapp on eBay are SY60STH86-3008BF [link to PDF]

These motors direct from Zapp are SY60STH88-3008BF (note the 86- and 88-) [link to PDF]

The 86- set are much cheaper and, looking at the spec sheet I can't see anything that I understand to be a functional difference between the two other than the colour of the wiring. I asked Zapp but the email didn't quite answer the question though I probably didn't phrase it properly.

I'll be running them with PM752s. Could someone with a bit of knowledge say if there's a reason to go for the 88- instead of the 86- version? That £30 difference would be handy!

2. The 86/88 is the length of the motor though the datasheet shows 88mm, I suspect the 86 are from a different supplier, poss older stock? Go for the cheapest!

What was Zapp's reply?

In fairness to them I didn't frame the question the same way. I mentioned that the auction & datasheet had different numbers and asked if it was the same as the one on their website. They just confirmed that it was the 86 not the 88. Like I said, they answered the question I actually asked, not the one I thought I asked so that's my mistake!

Looks like it's the 86s then. Cheers :)

Just goes to show how old eyes can deceive one... I bought 3 of those on the weekend because they were cheaper than on Zapp's website and could have sworn that they were identical to the ones on Zapp's website, but you're quite right the one is an "86" and the other is an "88".

Hope they are not significantly less capable than the "88" ones.....

Quote Originally Posted by WandrinAndy View Post
    Hope they are not significantly less capable than the "88" ones.....
    That's the thing. If there's £30 of capability between the two I'll spend the £30 as originally planned. If not, that £30 saving is a godsend and will still be given to Zapp in one form or another

I've found the cheaper ones from CNC4YOU to be fine and they look the same as the ones pictured in Zapp's listing:

Nema23 3.1Nm

Just measured and mine from CNC4YOU are 86.5mm. The black ones I have from Zapp are 88mm.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

About £2 more including shipping, though I guess that .1 difference must be worth the £2...

If you've used them previously, has their courier been next day? Timing is everything!

The deed is done. Stepper Motors ordered :D As I'm averaging one set of components a year I might need to update my previous time estimate from "before Jonathan graduates" to "before his kids graduate"

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    The deed is done. Stepper Motors ordered :D As I'm averaging one set of components a year I might need to update my previous time estimate from "before Jonathan graduates" to "before his kids graduate"
    Haha Sounds familiar!

Thread Information