. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    i've used loads of couriers, and as long as the machine is within the size of the pallet and secured to it, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    I2i, I have have been looking at all of them on ebay for a while now. Some of those machines have been advertised more than twice now. The problem is the distance away from me and I dont know if I would trust a courier to move it.
    i bought my centec 2 on ebay and had it shipped over from the mainland to northern ireland, the biggest worry was getting the seller to put it on a pallet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image027.jpg 
Views:	2986 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	6696Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image025.jpg 
Views:	2584 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	6697

btw if you can, make sure it has the vertical head with it, they are wild expensive on their own

Might have to go down the delivery route. I am looking at another option at the moment. There is one for sale near alton towers where I will be next weekend. The problem will be transport. I could take my trailer with me but I have no idea where I could safely park it until its time to come home. Waiting on some more photos of the machine Im looking at.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    secure parking like some multistorey car parks, or safestore may be able to handle it. Or collect it on the day you return.

Bit of an update. I won a 2A the other night on ebay, the blue one it was. It should be delivered to my mates workshop on Wednesday. I will strip it down there and bring it back to mine for a rebuild and new paint job. I've also just won the Mk3 vertical head on ebay as well tonight. I should hopefully pick it up next weekend as we are down that way anyway.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    Bit of an update. I won a 2A the other night on ebay, the blue one it was. It should be delivered to my mates workshop on Wednesday. I will strip it down there and bring it back to mine for a rebuild and new paint job. I've also just won the Mk3 vertical head on ebay as well tonight. I should hopefully pick it up next weekend as we are down that way anyway.
    Excellent, I was looking at those and wondering if you were bidding...

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    Morning all.
    Well after losing out on a Centec 2A with a vertical head on ebay the other night I started looking around at other mills. From several sites the Sieg X3 seems to be a good recommendation but one video I watched of it cutting looked like the head was shaking all over the place.
    Does anyone have any experience with the X3? Should I really hold out and get a centec?
    Hi,I'm new to this forum ,been lurking for a while . I've recently refurbished a Centec2 which is in amazing condition considering it was made in the late 40's .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information