. .
    As some of you may know I have bought a CNC machine off ebay. It comes with NCStudio, now looking around the tinterweb I have noticed that there’s very very little on tutorials etc for NCStudio yet shed loads for Mach 3. Should I just bite the bullet and get Mach 3 and start learning that rather than NCStudio? And another question, my creations will also be aimed at more artistic things should I forget both of those and go for some other software ?

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    As some of you may know I have bought a CNC machine off ebay. It comes with NCStudio, now looking around the tinterweb I have noticed that there’s very very little on tutorials etc for NCStudio yet shed loads for Mach 3. Should I just bite the bullet and get Mach 3 and start learning that rather than NCStudio? And another question, my creations will also be aimed at more artistic things should I forget both of those and go for some other software ?
    have a read through these posts it should help with your questions.

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/forum....achine-control

Reading through the threads here and on other forums I think I'll go with the Mach3 I can put the NCStudio stuff on ebay and put that towards the cost of the Mach3.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good choice, there is far more support for Mach than any other program.
    John S -

5. The Following User Says Thank You to John S For This Useful Post:

If you can wait for a few months then Mach 4 is very close to being released. Possibly end of september.?

That said you may be better with Mach3 being new has it's stable at the minute and the new mach4 will surely show some bugs for a while which will slowly be ironed out.

It sounds like you may be wanting to look at the cad side rather than the cam side. Mach will run your machine but you will have to generate the code to put in it. How are you translating your artistic drawings into this code. Depending on your budget - £10,000 for artcam to £100 for artcam express - £1,200 for Aspire - £200 for cut3d. You need to try lots of different software to find the one that suits your needs.

Get on the various sites and download the demo's.

Bruce
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to motoxy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by motoxy View Post
    It sounds like you may be wanting to look at the cad side rather than the cam side. Mach will run your machine but you will have to generate the code to put in it. How are you translating your artistic drawings into this code. Depending on your budget - £10,000 for artcam to £100 for artcam express - £1,200 for Aspire - £200 for cut3d. You need to try lots of different software to find the one that suits your needs.

Get on the various sites and download the demo's.

Bruce
    Damn ! lol lots more reading.. I have my own company .. well theres me and thats it, I would like to get some money back from the investment although thats not my first aim.. i mean 10 grands a bit out of my league but of course that all depends on how much the software can do in terms of a return.. first thing willbe to try out the demos.. then go from there.. thanks for the heads up

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sorry forgot cambam. Very good software with maybe a less polished interface but it seems to be a favorite..£100
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Thread Information