. .

Thread: Earthing?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Dean,
    Yes, I can designate them as Home or limit switches, or both. I think Mach3 works similarly. With Kflop for instance, you assign a Home button to execute a C file for homing that basically reads the sensors as home switches, homes the machine, then pulls off a little, zeros the coordinates and then turns the sensors into limit switches.

The mill is a Sieg2.7 conversion, which is just a little smaller than an X3, but with better Y range and I think a similar brushless motor, 750W. It's massively better than the SX2 in every sense, for those who want to know. I haven't actually cut anything with it yet, though everything moves as expected. I want to get the electronics in a box to get them away from the muck. In terms of accuracy, well, I am not expecting great miracles, but it's as neat as one can do...for the money spent. We shall see what the pieces look like, the time it takes to produce them and so on, it's my first foray into CNC.

I have been playing with the backlash compensation, and it's pretty unbelievable what software can do! The compensation happens in milliseconds, and using a dial gauge, the backlash "removal" is bang on. I don't know how good it will be in real life, cutting a circle, changing direction, for example.

Edward
    Last edited by Edward; 13-01-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Thread Information