. .
    Hi guys, suppose this is where my geekyness might come in, I’ve just got my orders of raspberry PI’s it’s a credit card sized HD PC costing about £30 and runs of USB ( so u can use a USB charger). Now I hadn’t thought about it for say Mach3 etc but someone pm’d me on anther forum about a serial port emulator for it , so I had a look and there’s a gert board that would work fine for about £10 just some code and it should work.. I say “should” need to look at it a bit more, and at the moment I’m up to my eyeballs. But if it works it would mean a puter for the CNC for less than £50 and with a massive power saving and heat output. Also for another £20 SD card you can turn it instantly into a HD media centre and or even an ICE box. There will be a really nice touch screen soon as I should think loads of people want one and companies are fighting each other to get one to market, so I expect it to be cheap.

Anyway I thought it would be worth looking at.
    Heres a thread on the subject
    RaspCNC
    Portwires
    Last edited by Fivetide; 05-09-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: link missing

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Here ya go, Irving is already on the case, although in his own custom coding way - http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/comput...pberry-pi.html

thanks m_c lol ok admin kill the thread I walk in the shadow of giants ..:)

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information