. .
    CNC 6040 ROUTER ENGRAVER DRILLING / MILLING MACHINE f3 | eBay

One of the generic Chinese 6040 routers fitted with 0.8Kw 24,000 rev spindle.

Total cost is £1200 shipped from Portsmouth and I have no reason to doubt this given that various folk have bought similar, but not this model, and it's been 3 to 5 days delivery.

Supported rials on X, unsupported on Y and Z but not excessive travels for the stated rails. No info what's inside the control box but suspect one of the TB6560 drivers so reckon on throwing another £100 at it for 3 new drivers.

I have read the posts on unsupported rails but given these travels and the fact I already have a Techo Isel router which is wickedly accurate on all unsupported rails, I can't see it being a problem.

If I take the sum of all parts and add them up I'm close to the price of one of these and that's not counting my labour to throw it together.
    John S -

I bought a VFD from that seller which claimed to be in Portsmouth. It did arrive quickly since they used a fast courier, but it was from china. Perhaps they've called their warehouse 'Portsmouth' just like the 'germany bearings' in the spindles! I'd ask if they can guarantee no import taxes.

At risk of stating the obvious, the rest depends on what you want to cut with it and how fast.
    I tend to agree that if you've not got time to make one, but have enough time to make a few easy changes then it's good value. What do you reckon to the overhang on the spindle, looks a bit much to me if you're cutting thin stuff?

It says 'triaxial one-piece drive', so I bet you're right about it being a TB6560 combined one. Cheapest I can find for the spindle and 1.5kW VFD is $260 total, so it's pretty good to get one of those with it as the spindle is one of the major flaws with the other ones for sale.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Repaired it's baby brother and the mechanics are ok-ish for light work. The electrics and wiring are junk so exp to replace all the wiring has well.
    The cable chains are not large enough and pinch the cables so they will need sorting.

Like say if light work, wood, plastics etc then mechanical will be ok but if pushed hard like cutting Ali then think it will die quick.?

Don't want it for Ali, got a 3 Tonne CNC mill for that but curious why you say light work, if pushed what will die. ?

Seen the baby brother and different animal all together, this one is on ball screws all round with standard bearing blocks. Half expect to swap the drivers, BoB and wiring anyway so that doesn't faze me
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Don't want it for Ali, got a 3 Tonne CNC mill for that but curious why you say light work, if pushed what will die. ?

Seen the baby brother and different animal all together, this one is on ball screws all round with standard bearing blocks. Half expect to swap the drivers, BoB and wiring anyway so that doesn't faze me
    Other than the ball-screws and slightly bigger motors John it's just the same machine.

Mostly the Z axis on this machine seen has it's just the same. But the linear bearings on the one I had here where the cheapest nastiest things I've seen come out of china.
    The screw end bearings are weak and naff so think they will wear quickly with heavy use or even light/med cutting at constant fast feed rates. I would certainly be keeping a constant eye on them because I reckon they will be floating often.

The Z axis is flimsy and pretty sure this will be the weak link on this machine with that heavy spindle hanging down like that, esp in anything hard-ish.
    The construction of the gantry isn't up-to heavy cutting either and like you know will reflect on the finish and so given enough heavy use IE:Aluminium then feel it would quickly become baggy.

Personally I think for those with no experience or tools then these machines are a great introduction to CNC but if you can DIY then you could build a much stronger machine with decent electrics for around same money.!!. . . . . . But Also see your time and CBA reason. So Stay away from the hard stuff, dont run it constantly at speed of light and dump the electrics and it will be fine.!! Push it hard and I'm sure it will give a shitty finish and fall apart quite quickly.

I asked the seller if they could supply it without the control box, since we've agreed that's useless:

Dear friend,

Thamk you so much!

We only sell the whole machine, not the parts.Hope you could understand!

Tks

Best regards,

- industry-village

No surprises there :(

Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Johnathon,
    your mail box is full, wanted advise. Thank you.

Nice t o have such kind of information, looking forward to learn about the product deeply for technical knowledge.

Thread Information