. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Not my tank, they were old though, came into service in about 67 and were still in service when i left in 95.
    I did like the Chally though, changing an engine over night in the rain was fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Well Gary if you were a gunner on Chieftains you weren't very busy then, those bastard things spent more time broke down than running.

Sorry mate those creds are naff.
    about as relevant as ower plumber who fits water tanks.
    Yea you're right, I meant to post it in this thread:
    http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/genera...html#post35307
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Well I’ve never been in a tank, I probably wouldn’t fit through the hatch lol plus tanks are big targets so I think I’d rather be a REMF pushing buttons and blowing shit up from another countryJ. I was watching videos on YouTube about the RipTide tank

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	riptide03.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	6811

and it was pretty detailed , they designed a very simple but highly effective track and train system which I’ll attempt to miniaturise for a project later on, quite frankly it’s cheaper to buy the alloy upgrades from ebay than set it all up myself. I have some FPV equipment I want to install on my Pershing 1/16th and try and remote drive it, just to get to grips with the electronics, then I want to use the CNC to make a TROV tacked – remote – operated – vehicle I’ve seen some bog standard tracked chassis and the cheapest one for the size I want to make is a bout £2000, so sod that I’ll have a bash at making my own.
    I see a Centurion tank everyday as I drive past Leyland,

Name:	DSCF4111.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	6812

if they were built anything like the cars they made I’m surprised they ever actually started ! I drove a 6 month old Leyland Road Train once which set on fire at Fleetwood docks, I never drove one again.

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Cent was brilliant, one of the few tanks that can do a full neutral turn.
    We used to get them going that fast in a neutral turn the apprentices used to throw up all over each other and once one starts they all yodel.
    John S -

5. Does crew on an M60A3 count? Loved those and yes you could do a true neutral 360 no problem in them. My commander (the company XO) loved it when I was driving. As I could get us places that they said wouldn't go. Yeah had to be careful over certain terrain as they would through a track way to quick. Bore sighting them was a pain in the back side, but I do have to admit that the trust and teamwork you get on a track is hard to find anywhere else. I left the unit due to moving just as they where getting the M1's in which was a bummer as they where getting the A1 variant which according to some friends really had functioning turret stability at speed.

Michael

The Cent was brilliant, one of the few tanks that can do a full neutral turn.
    We used to get them going that fast in a neutral turn the apprentices used to throw up all over each other and once one starts they all yodel.
    Its the Tanks I'm most looking forward to on W.O.T

Quote Originally Posted by m.marino View Post
    Does crew on an M60A3 count? Loved those and yes you could do a true neutral 360 no problem in them. My commander (the company XO) loved it when I was driving. As I could get us places that they said wouldn't go. Yeah had to be careful over certain terrain as they would through a track way to quick. Bore sighting them was a pain in the back side, but I do have to admit that the trust and teamwork you get on a track is hard to find anywhere else. I left the unit due to moving just as they where getting the M1's in which was a bummer as they where getting the A1 variant which according to some friends really had functioning turret stability at speed.

Michael
    You should have a go .. its free and browser based

this is the US tech tree

Name:	usa_tree_full(com).jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	371.4 KB 
ID:	6816

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information