. .
    Hello all, I've been away but now I'm back

with illness a new improved pacemaker fitted plus life just getting in the way I'm back begging for information and guidance as I really don't have a clue

I'm getting quite good now at drawing my cut outs in one plane but now I need to produce a piece with a curved surface across X-axis and the Y-axis
    My software is as follows vetricpunch,vcarve pro,Cut3d plus newly installed Featurecam. CNC software is good old mac3

I really haven't a clue so I was hoping if I gave someone the out line drawing, surface geometry of my produce some kind soul would finish the stl file for me

James

What kind of curved surface do you need? Is it something mathematically defined or something artistic? Something like cutting a line drawing on to a curved surface?

If you email me the drawing and geometry I can almost certainly do it, or better show you how.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

i would really like to see this done if you can show us your tutorial after you've helped him please

Thank you Jonathan

I will send you the drawings one of the 2d cut out and then the x drawing and then the y drawing just simple arc in both axis'

James

Jonathan I have sent you a email with the drawings let me know when you've had a look

cheers mate

James

Hello Jonathan
    A really big thank you for helping me out with my drawing I've just cut a test piece in some 18mm MDF and I must say I'm really quite impressed with the result achieved I've not look at my software yet to reproduce the drawing yet but I'm hoping to do this next week.

I hope you had a good weekend with your project and nearing a finish line

Again thank you

may I come over some time for a small tutorial on my software ??

James

You're welcome...did you take any pictures?

I can give you a tutorial on the software if you want, when I've finished the project. However I strongly advise doing the tutorials that came with it first as I'm sure you'll get the hang of it easily from those...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Jonanthan

I will take some of the item tonight
    James

well thanks to Jonathan here is the image of what I've cut to date it's a scaled down version of what I want but you will get the idea I'm sure.

I will be cutting this out at the weekend in some more test wood as the maple is a bit expensive as a full size test. If it goes well, I my even make two and sell one

anyway here is the shape

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e-cello first images.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	252.4 KB 
ID:	6927

James

Thread Information