Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
The spindle is still a significant proportion of the total weight of the things you have bouht, so the postage would have been a bit cheaper without it. Plus you can use best offer with some of the sellers on eBay to get the spindle for less than £252, so overall it's likely to work out cheaper. Even better, get the spindle on ali-express as there it is cheaper than any of the eBay sellers.

I'm not sure if Chai is still the cheapest for rails and ballscrews either since there are plenty of sellers on ali-express with them. Still, he's very easy to communicate with which does help.

What are you planning on using for the bed of the machine? In the drawing it looks like wood...which is fine if you're mainly machining wood and plastics.
i'd rather order from someone i know is trusted by a few guys here, even if it means paying a little more, it's hard enough parting with my cash for the drivers on ali-express i couldnt bring myself to send the best part of £500 to a web site i have never heard of to a guy who no one has ever ordered off

bed of the machine isn't decided yet if i'm honest, it may start as mdf and progress to ali in future