. .
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The spindle is still a significant proportion of the total weight of the things you have bouht, so the postage would have been a bit cheaper without it. Plus you can use best offer with some of the sellers on eBay to get the spindle for less than £252, so overall it's likely to work out cheaper. Even better, get the spindle on ali-express as there it is cheaper than any of the eBay sellers.

I'm not sure if Chai is still the cheapest for rails and ballscrews either since there are plenty of sellers on ali-express with them. Still, he's very easy to communicate with which does help.

What are you planning on using for the bed of the machine? In the drawing it looks like wood...which is fine if you're mainly machining wood and plastics.
    i'd rather order from someone i know is trusted by a few guys here, even if it means paying a little more, it's hard enough parting with my cash for the drivers on ali-express i couldnt bring myself to send the best part of £500 to a web site i have never heard of to a guy who no one has ever ordered off

bed of the machine isn't decided yet if i'm honest, it may start as mdf and progress to ali in future

Quote Originally Posted by wilfy View Post
    i'd rather order from someone i know is trusted by a few guys here, even if it means paying a little more, it's hard enough parting with my cash for the drivers on ali-express i couldnt bring myself to send the best part of £500 to a web site i have never heard of to a guy who no one has ever ordered off
    Wise choice because the saving if any would be £10-20 and penny pinching can easily get you in trouble when things arrive broke,bent or faulty which can happen to vendor. Chai is very helpful when things arrive bust or wrong and to me this is worth paying him £20 more.!!

christmas come early for me today... too bloody early infact i didnt expect this lot to turn up till after crimbo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	458830_10152325343965367_11383716_o.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	319.8 KB 
ID:	7581

is it normal for stuff from chai.. or infact anyone in china to come in 2 deliveries? i'm missing the bk/bf blocks and also the spindle and vfd.

also i've noticed a stupidly huge cock up today whilst re-looking over my design, i've really done myself short on the rails for the x axis, looking at the size of the screw i've drawn and ordered i could have got at least another 100mm out of it.

i'm now tempted to re-order my x rails as thats the only thing i'd need and gain the extra length

is it normal for stuff from chai.. or infact anyone in china to come in 2 deliveries? i'm missing the bk/bf blocks and also the spindle and vfd.
    Yes normal to come in more than one package regards VFD but usually arrive at same time and usually the BK/BF will be in with the rails etc.? I'd email Chai and ask if sent in 2 packages and mention BK/BF blocks not in the package received.

it certainly says 1 of 2 on the package i have, but i too thought the bf/bk's would have come with the rails.. i was tempted to wait and see if the other package comes 2moro.

it certainly says 1 of 2 on the package i have, but i too thought the bf/bk's would have come with the rails.. i was tempted to wait and see if the other package comes 2moro.
    So what have you signed for.? The package may say 1 of 2 but did you sign for 2 packages.?

I'd still email Chai asking has it won't hurt and is unusual in my experience for the blocks not to be with the screws Etc.!!

i didnt sign for it my missus did, i didnt even know it was coming, it's only been 10 days since i ordered it

I've bought stuff from China and there ahave arrived from 3 diffirent places on the same order, sometimes stuff is either wharehoused or built in different factories,, hopefully its wasnt those tards UPS .. they suck big style !

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

it was fedex that delivered it thats all i know, i've emailed chai see what he says.. have to say though 1st dec i paid which was a weekend.. and the rails and screws are here on the 10th.. thats some turn around if you think about the shipping involved

I,ve had stuff in 7 days and been ordered on a weekend and 9-12 days is quite normal for Chai.. . . No matter how large or small the order.!! That's why I don't mess around trying to save £10 or £20 buying else where.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information