. .

Thread: Hello

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi my name is alex wight from lochgelly in fife scotland. I,m in the process of building my my own machine with the help of a friend.

i look forward to gaining info from here,

Thank you in advance, alex.

Welcome Alex, I'm new here myself but already had some great help, I'm just down the road from you in Inverkeithing.

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Welcome Alex, I'm new here myself but already had some great help, I'm just down the road from you in Inverkeithing.
    Hello Martin. I,m just in the process of getting set up. A mate of mine in Thornton is helping me get all the bits and bobs to get my own machine. I want to be doing small projects that i can sell on, to boost my income. It seems expensive just now, but i know i,ll get that back, and also enjoy it. I used to operate a sabre 404 when i was at Shadow Blinds, and had it singing and dancing, so i,m looking forward to this.

regards alex.

A;ex, if you are building your own machine then my advice would be to ask the guys on the forum for advice before you start, they are very helpful & will keep you straight, maybe save you some time & money in the process. Only been here a short while myself so can't help personally but wish you luck.
    What are you hoping to achieve with the machine as this will make a big difference to the build, that much I have learnt already lol

Location unknown. TrickyCNC Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6117 members to the community.
    Hi Alex

there seem to be a large number of members from Scottland on here !

As martin siad, let us know your budget, and what you intened to make with it when it's done.
    I.E wooden shapes or signs, or milling alluminium or brass etc. etc. , Vinyl lettering / decal cutting ?
    and also what size :)

best to get a good plan, before you start.

Cheers
    Richard

It's a take over bid Richard lol

Funny thing is that most of the people in Scotland don't seem to be Scottish from what I have read on here. I was born in London, can't get much less Scottish than that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    I was born in London, can't get much less Scottish than that lol.
    Wait until you've spoken to Michael Marino I think you can . .lol

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyCNC View Post
    Hi Alex

there seem to be a large number of members from Scottland on here !

As martin siad, let us know your budget, and what you intened to make with it when it's done.
    I.E wooden shapes or signs, or milling alluminium or brass etc. etc. , Vinyl lettering / decal cutting ?
    and also what size :)

best to get a good plan, before you start.

Cheers
    Richard

Thanks everyone. Ive been advised to budget for £1000, to build the machine i want. I would like to be doing wooden sculptures of some sort, name plates in plastic and brass, and if possible aluminum at some point. I,m interested in engraving as well, and as i,m part of the racing pigeon world, theres a lot of trophies that need engraved lol. Having had experience working the sabre 404, i cant wait to get my own little hobby machine up and running. I hope that helps in some way to give me guidelines/pointers.

regards alex

Welome Alex :)

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fivetide For This Useful Post:

Hi Alex. I must be scottish by now as i have been here 22 years!!

BTW Does any one else think that if we could see the rest of fivetide's avatar he would have bunny ears attached to his cosy sleep suit???
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to motoxy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information