. .

Thread: Hello

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    22 years Bruce, pah your still a tourist lol

Alex quite a bit your hoping this machine will do, have you got a design to work from?? If you have these guys will help to make sure it best suits your needs. Don't forget the sabre 404 is a commercially built machine with a heavy price tag. Not saying your machine won't be capable of doing the same just depends on getting the design right to start with & using the right components.

Cheers Martin, i wont be doing big things, just small scale stuff. the sabre was a beast, i,m just wanting a wee hobby that may bring some pocket money. The guy thats helping me is a good designer, and has made his own which is capable of doing what i want. I will be getting a water cooled spindle, instead of the kress. So hopefully in a few weeks i,ll be able to start playing lol. Thanks for your comment.

alex.

Quote Originally Posted by motoxy View Post
    Hi Alex. I must be scottish by now as i have been here 22 years!!

BTW Does any one else think that if we could see the rest of fivetide's avatar he would have bunny ears attached to his cosy sleep suit???
    LMFAO !!! But no :) The picture is of Frank Wild .. one of my heros, Ernest Shackltens 2nd in command

In 1904, John Robert Francis Wild (Frank) was chosen from over 3,000 applicants to join Discovery, on Scott’s first expedition to the Antarctic. Remarkably, he served on five expeditions to Antarctica – with Scott, with Douglas Mawson and on all three expeditions led by Shackleton.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polar3.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	6953  

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Agree. back in the days when these men really were extremely brave and went with only what they could tow or carry. I see Finnes is off again with half a village following him.
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Quote Originally Posted by motoxy View Post
    Agree. back in the days when these men really were extremely brave and went with only what they could tow or carry. I see Finnes is off again with half a village following him.
    Yeah two brand new bulldozers as well.. whats that all about ? lol

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information