Ok, this has turned in to one of those projects that occupies every waking moment....every sleeping moment! Its doing my nut in but it's a dream that needs to come to reality! Ok ok may be a tad OTT

I've read many of the build logs and have a decent understanding of what the machine needs to do and what needs to be done in order for the machine/me to acheive it. And if i can get even close to what you guys have acheived i'll be a happy man!
The main functionality is to machine my carbon fibre plates.
Machining ali will be a major bonus.
If i can add an A axis at a later date to machine the likes of a motorcycle fender then even bettererererer!

So heres a couple of pics of my current design. This must be the umpteenth version and unless you can see any flaws this is what im going with....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	router1.JPG 
Views:	591 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	6938
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	router2.JPG 
Views:	578 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	6939

X axis consists of 25mm supported rails on a box section frame made from 60x60x5mm. Box section will be drilled and tapped for the rails. Bearing blocks will be on a plate 200x100x20mm. This plate will support the Y axis upright supports that are 200mm tall. The plan to date is to have the 2510 screws fixed and use a couple of Jonathan's spinning ballscrews.
Y axis consists of a 1000x130x20mm (may go to 25mm)plate. 80x40 ali extrusion will be attached to the length at the top and bottom of the plate. 20mm supported rails will be bolted to the extrusion to form a C shape with a 2005 ballscrew driving it. The ballnut will run within the C and again i'm thinking of using another spinning ballnut.
Bearings for Y will be wrapped by 20mm ali plate 150mm wide.
X axis support is 150mm wide, 500mm tall and 20mm thick. I plan to have at least 300mm travel on Z. I got some profile rails off ebay that ive since discovered are from someone on here. They weren't suitable for them so im wondering about the suitability for my application. So Z needs a little thinking about.

I've got these steppers from Zapp and plan to use MA860 drivers with a 70v+ PSU.

A 2kw watercooled spindle with flooding at the cutting head will be used to minimse CF dust floating about. Ill also need a vaccum attachement for MDF and the like.

Oh and the bed. Nearly forgot about that. Height is going to be adjustable whether it be a manual job of unbolting and adjusting or using and electric scissor jacks on each corner.

Appreciate your comments/advice.

Cheers
Rob