. .
    So im tuning my motors on my machine and as the title suggests I'm not really getting the speeds I thought I could. l use X as an example. I'm using a 2M982 80v driver on a zapp SY60STH86-3008BF motor. 72vdc to power it. 1605 ballscrew. I have full stepping res on the driver(200 per rev), current set to 4.3a peak(although it does show rms values too), motors wired bp parallel.

Mach settings are 25000hz kernel, 40 steps per rev, and the max i can acheive on this axis is 4000mm/min before stall. Everything is nice and free to move so i dont get it? Even on z i can only get like 4500 mm before stall. I was expecting much more than this, was i wrong?

Also, when getting the datasheet on the motors, there are a pair of yellow wires to a coil on the sheet, on my motors however, the wires are blue, longshot, but could my motor wiring have anything to do with it? My Wiring colours matches up to the Sth88 motors so i assumed they would be the same(assumptions and mothers and all that). Thanks

Yep thats a bit slow if it's stalling at 4K.? Are you absolutely sure you have wired parallel.? No yellow wires on the sheet i'm looking at.? What wire colours to where.?

Ok spoke to Jon the issue is sorted now. . BUT for the sake of others it was a resonance issue due to running the motors at full step(200ms) and creating resonance in a place the motors didn't like so throwing them into wobbly restricting speed.!!
    Quick change from full(200 steps) to half(400) and he was whizzing around at over 7mtr/min when I left him too it so I'm sure he'll be higher still.?

Let us know what you got to Jon.?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Just finished playing, changed it to 1/4 stepping at 8mtr/min, sounds and runs perfect at that, did manage to get it upto 12m but then it stalled sometimes all the way back down to 10. Runs nice at 10 without stalling, but safe at 8, so happy:) Ive just hit a small snag now with resonance at one end of the gantry due to one of the bolts holding the round rail to the ali rail support being a bit loose - no biggie tho, can sort that, very happy. Cheers

Glad you sorted that out. I have just spent 3 weeks rebuilding, replacing and generally going nuts only to find that changing from 1/4 to 1/5 was the answer. Same as you resonance. Big thanks to dean for helping me with this.

Bruce
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Ill.let you borrow my sledgehammer if you have any more issues if you want. Ill need it back though when i rig up my dual stepper axis ;)

Thread Information