I have just bought a remote wireless camera from china and straight out of the box and setup is stunning.. I use a tiny first person view Sony camera and it gobsmacking quality. I took the camera down to the end of the garage and plugged it in via the wall sock power, according to destructions it uses 7 – 12 v and 400 mAh’s and I went back in the house upstairs at the far end to my bedroom and the quality again was stunning. So that’s about, in a straight line 80 feet through some pretty thick stone cottage walls and concrete block garage. But now I have a problem, which is why I need some advice. I ran the camera on a 9v NiMH 9 v 150 mA battery , went back to check and I didn’t expect to see anything but there was a pretty good quality picture, it did get a bit snowy now then I disappeared when I went near the receiver antenna. That’s fair enough I wasn’t expecting anything less from 150 mAh’s.
But I have a 7.2 v “1200” mAh battery, used for RC cars. So the question is can I use 1200 mAh’s on a 400 mAh piece of equipment or should I somehow reduce the output. Would it burn the camera or transmitter out or would it increase its range? The tank I’m putting it on works on 7.2 v’s and I have a 3400 mAh battery for it, what I would like to do is somehow build a power distribution board but don’t have a clue where to start.