. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    but he's not sure which one so has removed them and will add the features back in one at a time to find out which is causing the problem.
    It'll be all that bloody Ebay rubbish. . Lol . . . . . Tell him to get is finger out It's like being back in stone age. :(

Ah, I just signed up because I thought the home page may be only visible for registered users, turns out that made no difference.

However you can just make use of the archive page:

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/archive/

hope that helps in the mean time.

Better off registering anyway, you will learn a lot more by asking questions than you will by just reading. Not like it costs you anything & everyone seems to be quite friendly & willing to help if they can.
    Be great if it could stay that way as the forum grows but that does take a lot of hard work by the moderators.

4. Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Better off registering anyway, you will learn a lot more by asking questions than you will by just reading. Not like it costs you anything & everyone seems to be quite friendly & willing to help if they can.
    Be great if it could stay that way as the forum grows but that does take a lot of hard work by the moderators.
    Biggest job for the moderators is getting rid of spam postings, but since we installed Spam-o-matic that seems to have done a good job of keeping it manageable. Policing the occasional spats between users isnt so much of an issue, happens from time to time and then sometimes someone throws their toys out of the pram. A little tolerance and recognition that whats written doesnt always reflect what was intended or doesnt come over in the right way is all thats needed IMHO, but it always seems to sort itself out. We've got some very experienced people on here who are willing to help; everyone has different views on the best way to do something, and there's always more than one way to do something. So you listen to whats said, try to make your own mind up and accept the odd 'I told you so' in good grace when it all goes wrong sometimes... Basically as long as people abide by the forum rules, keep things roughly on topic and accept we're all human there's not too much a moderator has to do. I used to moderate a car forum and that was a whole different ballgame lol...

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Biggest job for the moderators is getting rid of spam postings, but since we installed Spam-o-matic that seems to have done a good job of keeping it manageable. Policing the occasional spats between users isnt so much of an issue, happens from time to time and then sometimes someone throws their toys out of the pram. A little tolerance and recognition that whats written doesnt always reflect what was intended or doesnt come over in the right way is all thats needed IMHO, but it always seems to sort itself out. We've got some very experienced people on here who are willing to help; everyone has different views on the best way to do something, and there's always more than one way to do something. So you listen to whats said, try to make your own mind up and accept the odd 'I told you so' in good grace when it all goes wrong sometimes... Basically as long as people abide by the forum rules, keep things roughly on topic and accept we're all human there's not too much a moderator has to do. I used to moderate a car forum and that was a whole different ballgame lol...
    Not entirely correct.

I'm actually humanoid.... And had to be dumbed-down in order to fit on my current assignment to this planet... Although I quite often think they overdid certain aspects of the dumbing down bit.

please change it back!

Just wondering what happed to the old front page I liked it it was easy to see all the new threads and posts?

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

See here...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    See here...
    AHH paradox , i would have seen the other post if the front page had still been there, there would'nt be a post about it going missing if.. it was still there.. scarey stuff .. also I should have looked .. but thats why i liked the front page so I did'nt have to .. sorry :)

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information