. .

Thread: I need advise

Hi guys
    I have seen a 4 axis CNC ROUTER for sale on ebay model CX6015 CNC. I dont no much about cnc machines, this machine was imported from hongkong and i have come accross negative comments about chine's CNC machines, this will be my first machine and i dont want to encounter alot of problems, can any one have a look at it and tell me what they think about this machine and what is it that is likely go wrong with this machine.
    Basically am intending to use this machine to machine 3D MODELS AND MAKING 3D EXTERNAL SIGNS.
    Any help, advise will be highly appreciated.

can't see it post a link or ebay number.?

That is the link for the machine am talking about
    Thank you

Just going on the pics then it looks reasonably ok to me. Without DIY building then 3.5K don't buy much machine at this size.
    Obviously can't see the condition of the ballscrews and mechanics etc but from the outside condition it looks ok and is the typical 3 axis centre driven gantry style machine that doesn't look like it's had a hard life.
    The electrics are nothing special and can easily be sourced and replaced if troubles arise.
    The 4th axis looks ok and is a duel purpose affair that can be used has a trunion style table like shown in the pics or the flat plate can be removed allowing it to be used like a lathe with an adjustable length tail stock.

Can't much more than that really without seeing it.

It's like this.? . . . Unless your prepared to DIY build then you won't buy cheaper.

Thanks for the advise.
    Do you think if I negotiate for between £2500 - £3000
    Will it be a good buy?

I am so much scared of DIY build because I don't no much about Cnc routers and I will not no were to start from it will be even worse when it comes to electrics and programming

Quote Originally Posted by habibuzziwa View Post
    I am so much scared of DIY build because I don't no much about Cnc routers and I will not no were to start from it will be even worse when it comes to electrics and programming
    Well it's not difficult has you probably imagine.!
    The scary stuff like electrics is actually very easy these days. Like wise the sourcing of components is easier than ever and can be quite cheap if sourced from known sellers which you'll easily find on the forum.
    The design of machine and components required will depend on the main use. If these are known and clear goals defined then how the rest of the build goes depends greatly on your skills and equipment.
    To be honest if you have the skills and equipment you'll still only build the machine for about the same money 2.5-3K. . . BUT. . It will or should be a far better machine custom to your needs using modern digital drives and higher quality components.

If you need to be up and running quickly then Regards this machine if you can get it for 2.5-3K and all the mechanical items like ballscrews, linear rails are ok and not worn out then yes buy it. . . BUT IMPORTANT. . you need to see it first and if possible take someone who knows CNC and can check the mechanical components.

Edit: Oh and the programming is essentially the same on any machine and area where lots of people struggle at first.
    I'll warn you know Your needs for 3D models and signs is not basic stuff.!! To achieve good results takes time and fair knowledge of the programs used to create both models and the tool-paths required for cutting.
    CAM software with good 3D tool-path strategies isn't cheap and can easily cost half the price of the machine or more and this machine I'm sure won't be coming with any CAM or CAD software.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 03-10-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Thread Information