. .

Thread: operation cnc

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Sure you could cancel the order for the board if required or look to sell it at a latter date if you decide to upgrade the board at a latter date. Think the board that Jazz has mentioned is the one that Michael has in his machine, as Dean had a lot to do with the build it wouldn't surprise me at all lol.

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Think the board that Jazz has mentioned is the one that Michael has in his machine, as Dean had a lot to do with the build it wouldn't surprise me at all lol.
    Yes your right but had nothing to do with me.! . . (Well maybe a little) Michael mostly worked that out for himself and seen has it was on his way home sort of thing he called in and got one.!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130207_065500.jpg 
Views:	510 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	8176Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130207_065515.jpg 
Views:	541 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	8177
    small update.

X Ballscrews on... and connected to gantry using chai's bearing blocks... (although run out of m6 cap bolts, so ordered some here tomorrow) - incidently, that means ive used 200

pulleys done on X, was very suprised at how effortless the gantry moves when turning pulleys. I was initially worried the steppers wouldnt have the balls but the gantry moves very easily.

I was even more suprised to see, if I just turn one ballscrew the drive goes down the ballscrew across the gantry through the other ballscrew and turns the other pulley.... thats got to mean ive done something right?

there is a bit of track... if you hold one pulley and turn the other... I think ultimately I will connect them both with one big belt.

seperately... Ive managed to scavenge a electrical inspection box from the darkest dungeons of where I work.... perfect for all the electricary and can be mounted to the machine.

Name:	20130207_170742.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	8178

and.... cnc4you breakout board arrived today, along with the required extra steppers and a e-stop. CY cable also arrived from other supplier.

so, bit of luck may get a bit of ignition/fires on Sunday????? sooo excited.

need to share it with someone.. none of my mates appreciate the sheer brilliance

ITS WORKING!!!!!!

may of wasted potentially 200 notes on breakout boards that i didnt need... but il explain when im less excited.

That's sounding good. But let us in on your breakout board issues.

Ok... so all seems well... Y is working, Z is working. X however is causing me grief

as previously explained X has two steppers... I have set X to be one, and A to be the other

then in mach3 set A to be the slave of X

Ive wired the stepper drivers in 'active low' so

A-----------
    PUL(+5V) --- 5v feed
    PUL-(pul) --- PORT 9
    DIR+(5V) --- 5V FEED
    DIR-(DIR) -- PORT 8

X----------------
    PUL(+5V) --- 5v feed
    PUL-(pul) --- PORT 3
    DIR+(5V) --- 5V FEED
    DIR-(DIR) -- PORT 2

Name:	asis.png 
Views:	261 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	8201

both steppers turn correctly... however I need to reverse one... so it kinda goes in the opposite direction to the way its presently going?
    doesnt matter which one...

make sense?

also, obviously im using a stepper controller for each stepper... cant I just use one controller for both?

Just Change either of the DirLow active in Motor outputs and it will spin other way.

Yes you can control 2 motors with one drive but not good idea because of the way they work and sharing pulse's etc, just don't do it.!!
    Also if your slaving motors you want away to control each motor for squaring the gantry and one drive won't allow that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Looking good! Is that a springer in one of the pics?
    Dan

thanks jazz. do you mean just in the software... ie (changing tick to cross) or change the wiring aswell.... (or both)

dan - yep. thats Mr Cooper. 7 y/o my little mate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    thanks jazz. do you mean just in the software... ie (changing tick to cross) or change the wiring aswell.... (or both)
    Well really it's better to change the wires because of the way the rising pulse works but you can just change it in software and it will work fine. If you have any funny happenings like missing steps on that motor then change the wiring but 99% of time with modern drives it will be fine.

Noticed the screen shot shows B axis active and A axis not but you say your slaving A axis was that a Typo.?

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information