. .

Thread: operation cnc

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    thanks jazz.. yes a type B is the slave

Ive done that... and it works fine now in one direction,.... but when I change direction one axis goes in reverse and tother carries on going forward

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Well really it's better to change the wires because of the way the rising pulse works but you can just change it in software and it will work fine. If you have any funny happenings like missing steps on that motor then change the wiring but 99% of time with modern drives it will be fine.
    I don't see how inverting the direction in software could make the system and less reliable than swapping either phase wires round to reverse the motor. They have the same effect.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    thanks jazz.. yes a type B is the slave

Ive done that... and it works fine now in one direction,.... but when I change direction one axis goes in reverse and tother carries on going forward
    Not making sense now.? . . . When you reverse which Axis carries on forward.?

Why did you need one motor spinning opposite to other anyway if your slaving.?

What BOB are you using.?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I don't see how inverting the direction in software could make the system and less reliable than swapping either phase wires round to reverse the motor. They have the same effect.
    Well go Google it because I'm Not in mood for arguing with you tonight Numb nuts.!

lol. sorry jazz.

thanks for the advice... you were right. I was being stupid.

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Well go Google it because I'm Not in mood for arguing with you tonight Numb nuts.!
    Got to agree with Jon, sorry jazz! Computers are pretty good at assigning values to variables and then reading them again, they do rather a lot of that sort of thing millions of times a second... If your software can't handle that simple task you need some new programmers.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    lol. sorry jazz.

thanks for the advice... you were right. I was being stupid.
    No need to apologise to me.! . . . Wasn't having a go at you or meaning not in mood for answering your questions just not going to argue for the sake of it when it wouldn't help anyone and turn the thread into another one of is " Up man ship" trips.!

So are you working has expected or would like now.?

Congratulations, looks like you are away now. Lets see some bits you make in the showcase. G.

i demand a video now...

in all seriousness i'm impressed at the speed you have moved with this and i really hope you stick around and show us all what your machine is capable of, it's very inspiring to see someones hard work actually doing something. well done fella

admitedly lazy of me but im planning on ordered one of the 2.2kw spindles today... theres some on ebay for £250...

can anybody recommend some cutters to get me started... il just be prancing around with mdf for a while...

it says
    Collet: ER20(4mm,6mm,8mm,12mm,12.7mm) Runout off: less than 0.005mm

any help appreciated...

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information