Thread: operation cnc

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cross.png 
Views:	401 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	7413
    Morning All. Monday again :(

So, suppose I have the two peaces of 45x90 Ali Profile in my hand now.
    I want to arrange them in the above formation.

Is there any product that enabled me to mount them together in this way (rather than a 90deg bracket at the back)

You would think there would be a fillet strip that runs in the 10mm extrusion that runs alongside the two peaces. Then obviously I could nut and bold aswell...

also, im keen to use 45x90 (only because thats what my design uses, and that was only because I was recommended to use KJN in leicester so I used a product from their range on the website. Now when I actually need to make an order. they neither answer the phone or email. So can anybody recommend a different supplier. Ive seen the sponsored link off here to 'metallin' however then dont do 45x90

so need answer too two questions

1.) How do I join to peaces of excursion together in the above formation?
    2.) can anybody recommend a different supplier?

Lives in Norwich, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13-09-2019 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 47. Received thanks 8 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    I was recommended to use KJN in leicester so I used a product from their range on the website. Now when I actually need to make an order. they neither answer the phone or email.
    Why not just order it via their website? KJN - Suppliers or Aluminium Profile and Accessories

3. The Following User Says Thank You to asbo For This Useful Post:

Why didnt I think of that? :D

I want to ask them about fixings... basically question no.1 above. Like I say, short of going their and knocking on the door ive tried everything.

Lives in Norwich, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13-09-2019 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 47. Received thanks 8 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    I think I'd put a T-nut(red) in the bottom of the top extrusion and then drill a hole up through the bottom extrusion and bolt(blue) them together.
    See my super accurate diagram :D

Name:	super accurate diagram.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	7417

maybe you'd also want a piece of plate along the back bolted to both pieces of extrusion. I'm no expert though.

Also I'm surprised by their lack of response, they sent me some free design software before I even bought anything. I just used the Contact Us form on their web page.

hey, thanks for taking the trouble to do that for me... I now have a response from KJN

"The way we would recommend that the profiles be joined would be to Drill and counterbore through and use a Slide blocks in the slot and Caphead to tighten."

Which, I think, is exactly what your saying. Il order it with some t-nuts and see how i go

Happy to help :)
    Yep pretty much, although the sliding blocks they suggest are probably better since they spread force out over a larger area. It might be a case of experimenting to see what works best.

I'm not keen on how far the Z-axis overhangs (parallel to X). Presumably you've done that to position the Y-axis ballscrew more optimally than having it on the back, a long way from the cutter? That's sensible, but I would at the very least try and add pockets to compact the design, or add a second piece of extrusion above the existing one such that the ballscrew can run between the two, i.e. directly between the rails which is optimal.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

BOOM

Name:	20121126_173813.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	173.0 KB 
ID:	7468

£520 worth of Chai's finest have arrived today. What a nice surprise after an entire Monday at the office.

Nice, I bet the delivery man was struggling. I had difficulty lifting my parcel from Chai and I got less than you!

The lovely delivery man brought more goodies from China today

Name:	20121127_165028.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	7473Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121127_165404.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	7474Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121127_165536.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	246.6 KB 
ID:	7475

No idea how to wire this lot up...

Hopefully take delivery of my 500w linear supply from Zapp tomorrow

PS806-5 Linear power supply.

ohh, and my metal man delivered yesterday aswell!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information