. .

Thread: operation cnc

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Why didn't you just make them in the first place if you have the gear to do it?? Sorry just being nosey lol

think its just lack of confidence martin. I think I mentioned before Ive had the lathe for a while but never really used it. Although your right now ive made one I do wonder why I bought the others... might sell them on or something (when they eventually turn up)

after Y comes?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130203_175223.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	8133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130203_180918.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	8134Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130203_180951.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	212.2 KB 
ID:	8135Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130203_181014.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	188.3 KB 
ID:	8136

Looking really good and the ballless nut was just the ticket.

evening all... finding it hard to shut you lot up arent I... obviously your just lost for words ;D

anyway... get this.

So, I emailed chai, saying il have four of those ball nut housings to suite 1610 rails.

assuming he would send me the ones on his ebay shop er... these

Name:	oops.png 
Views:	308 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	8144

but .... he must of read my previous posts.... or something because I actually recieved these

Name:	ss.jpg 
Views:	672 
Size:	239.2 KB 
ID:	8145

Im not having a moan, its not his fault. I didnt specify part numbers or whatever... these are actually the ones id prefer!.

anyway, so you may also notice the brand new ball-nut.....

how do I put that on the orphan screw? without dropping my balls everywhere?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    how do I put that on the orphan screw? without dropping my balls everywhere?
    Just screw the nut on to the screw. Make sure you push the tube that's in the ballnut against the end of the ballscrew (so it's covering the end machining) as that will ensure the balls cannot drop out. Just do it slowly and carefully and you shouldn't have any problems.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

I doubt that Chai reads all the posts on every forum & even if he did would remember who had ordered what so I would think he has just sent you what he has got at the time.
    That would annoy me, ok you didn't specify a part number but you did go by a picture in his webshop. I know that sellers have the right to substitute items if it's in their terms and conditions but if you had ordered these & had already done the work for this style to fit or were replacing existing units the new ones he has sent wouldn't fit.
    I got caught out with some electronic components I bought from RS in a similar way, my fault I suppose for not reading the technical spec properly but not being a whizz with electronics I just went by the picture. RS were very quick to point that out to me so won't order from them again if I'm not 100% sure exactly what I need, what it looks like & how to use it properly lol.

A tip I was given for removing and replacing the nut, but have not yet tried is that standard airline hose not (curly-wurly) is a really good fit (tight but flexible) and the nut can be wound on and off the screw quite safely. G.
    Last edited by GEOFFREY; 04-02-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    I doubt that Chai reads all the posts on every forum & even if he did would remember who had ordered what so I would think he has just sent you what he has got at the time.
    That would annoy me, ok you didn't specify a part number but you did go by a picture in his webshop. I know that sellers have the right to substitute items if it's in their terms and conditions but if you had ordered these & had already done the work for this style to fit or were replacing existing units the new ones he has sent wouldn't fit.
    I got caught out with some electronic components I bought from RS in a similar way, my fault I suppose for not reading the technical spec properly but not being a whizz with electronics I just went by the picture. RS were very quick to point that out to me so won't order from them again if I'm not 100% sure exactly what I need, what it looks like & how to use it properly lol.
    i can imagine what has happened here though

So, I emailed chai, saying il have four of those ball nut housings to suite 1610 rails.

assuming he would send me the ones on his ebay shop er... these
    so creaky has noticed chai has ball nut housings in his ebay shop.. but then instead of going through the shop has contacted him direct and asked for 4 ball nut housings... yes maybe chai should have maybe said i have a few different types and asked which ones..

chai has likely just sent out the most popular ones. luckily though this worked out well any way

OK, Id like to have all the peaces together in order to get it moving at the weekend... or atleast try! assuming I can connect the X ballscrews and all the steppers this week I think it may be possible.

Ive also, for now decided to drive the X with dual steppers... rather than the single stepper long belt approach. Only because its easier (long story) Ultimately I may change my mind on this at a later date... but for the purpose of getting it initially going... 2 steppers it is...

So, I have already got
    1 x 500w linear power supply from Zapp PS806-5 Linear power supply.
    4 x DQ860MA 80v drives Stepper Motor Driver DQ860MA:Stepper Motor Driver DQ860MA wholesaler

Im going to buy hopefully today in order to get delivered for weekend
    1.5mm2 cy cable CY Cable - 4 Core 1.5mm2
    2 x steppers for X axis 3.1nm (will these be powerful enough? it weighs a ton!) Nema23 Stepper Motor 3.1Nm
    this breakout board? Im open to advice Breakout board CNC Stepper Motor 5 Axis Spindle Relay HG07
    1 x estop? Red Mushroom Emergency Stop push button switch NC 400V 6A

For now, until the machine is done and I can machine the face for the box all the electricery are in, im going to wire the steppers direct to the drivers rather than going via connector blocks. However I notice on some of the other builds fuse boxes are used... where about in the citcuit should I incorporate a fuse box (I assume after drivers and before steppers) What fuse box & how many fuses do I need etc?

Not sure if that breakout board is any good?

Can anybody recommend anything else im going to need.... or wish I had?

really appreciate your replies... reply even if you dont think you have anything to add... your probably going to know more about this subject that I and Id appreciate your thoughts....

ps - if anybody fancies a trip to leicester on sunday to be involved in a firing it up... all welcome pm me

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information