. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks guys, I got it working :) How do I know the actual RPM speed though, rather than the frequency?

A little video of first cuts here - DSCF8196.mp4 video by tenson_uk - Photobucket

Good to see you got it going. Looks to be going at a respectable speed too.
    I spy a ring hanging on the left ballscrew, so either it just got married or a locknut has fallen off? It looks like you'll have to put some threadlock on them if tightening the two nuts against each other isn't working.

If you press the sideways arrow (<<) key on the VFD it will scroll through various different useful readouts, including rpm. I tend to leave mine showing current since that's a good indicator of if the cutter is operating normally.

Also, if you haven't already, check that PD141,PD142 and PD143 are set correctly - these are the motor voltage (220), rated current (8) and number of poles (2) respectively. In addition if you want to save a couple of seconds waiting for the spindle to get up to speed and stop you can adjust PD14 and PD15 which are the ramp-up and ramp-down times. You should be able to set both to a couple of seconds safely, but don't go too low as it will draw too much current and needlessly stress the system.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

Good eyes Jonathan, I hadn't noticed it came off!

I had set PD141 to 240V since I thought that was meant to be the over-voltage protection for the mains. I'm better to keep it at 220V, then?

I'll have to play with the VFD a bit more, the manual was hard to decipher.

Thanks again, I'll maybe post some videos again when I do more cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
    I had set PD141 to 240V since I thought that was meant to be the over-voltage protection for the mains. I'm better to keep it at 220V, then?
    It says in the manual that PD141 is the 'Rated Motor Voltage' and to set it 'according to motor nameplate' and my 2.2kW spindle has 220V written on it so that's what I went with. It's not going to make a great deal of difference to be honest.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Lives in Bicester, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 24-07-2017 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 13.
    Hi, does anyone know how to wire Huanyang HY02D223B?
    I've bought this and 67 manual fail to provide simple information where to connect L -( live) N - ( neutral) and earth.
    My house is supplied with 230V 50-60Hz and has Brown wire as L live , Blue as N neutral and Yellow/ green as Earth.
    Many thanks. Stan

Near the start of the manual is a page with the description of the terminals. This tells you how to connect the input supply for three phase and single phase. The input supply for single and three phase is connected to the R S T terminals.

Lives in Bicester, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 24-07-2017 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 13.
    Hi, thanks for replying,
    Yes you are correct what comes to manual and wiring there.
    But real life is different.
    I can connect L to any Of R or S or T.
    earth goes obviously to E(9)
    But where goes N ( neutral)
    I can't connect it to R S or T, those are phases only.
    It tripped my fuse, twice.
    Thanks for replying .

Hi.
    Thanks for replying.
    I'm going to check every single connection again and power it again.
    I will post after that what has happened.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2742.PNG 
Views:	276 
Size:	547.0 KB 
ID:	20141

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Hi.
    Thanks for replying.
    I'm going to check every single connection again and power it again.
    I will post after that what has happened.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2742.PNG 
Views:	276 
Size:	547.0 KB 
ID:	20141
    Stan It would be helpful if you good keep you questions in one place and not duplicate them as it gets confusing.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Thanks Clive. I didn't see the other thread.
    Stan I think your just getting mixed up with the terminology and the wording in the manual. The VFD will work on single phase, phase and neutral supply, or three phase, three single phases without neutral.
    For your single phase supply to work you need to connect your Live and Neutral connections to two of the three connections R,S,T. Also connect the earth to the correct terminal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information