. .
    I have managed to get hold of some Corian and I really like it, the problem is for small amounts it’s in very short supply and if I’m honest expensive. Have any of you guys used similar products that are easier to source and more locally available?

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

So far I have this list of materials for solid surface. I have emailed as many kitchen fitters that I could google locally so I'll wait for a response. Any other materials ?

Corian® sheets
    Select Grade--off-standard colors
    HI-MACS
    Avonite
    Dovae
    Hanex
    House Premium--by SolidSurface.com
    Meganite
    Simplicity
    Staron
    Wilsonart

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. How big a bit are you looking for?

I went into my local kitchen design/install place and came away with some 'samples' of both corian and granite which were the offcuts from where the sink cutout was made... (obviously not from the 'formed' corian worktops but the ones cut on site)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to irving2008 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    How big a bit are you looking for?

I went into my local kitchen design/install place and came away with some 'samples' of both corian and granite which were the offcuts from where the sink cutout was made... (obviously not from the 'formed' corian worktops but the ones cut on site)
    If they are the size of the sink cut-out I will defiantly want them. Are they full thickness or 12 mm? Let me know what you would like me to pay for them? Thanks that’s very good of you.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6. Ah, sorry... cross purposes... I wasnt offering any for sale, just recounting how i got hold of a few (4 or 5) bits... all have been used for stuff... not sure I have any left other than the nice bit of polished granite I use as a makeshift surface plate. But yes they were full thickness as far as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Ah, sorry... cross purposes... I wasnt offering any for sale, just recounting how i got hold of a few (4 or 5) bits... all have been used for stuff... not sure I have any left other than the nice bit of polished granite I use as a makeshift surface plate. But yes they were full thickness as far as I recall.
    Ah well lol ( bugger) :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's like Hens Teeth, I have a pal that does kitchen fitting and general jobbing, every occasion that i bump into him i ask about Corian offcuts but it's always the same story, lots of people would like it but they soon have a re-think when there told the price, it could be that we are just tight in our neck of the woods.
    Hope you have some luck
    Mekanik

PS have seen small pieces on ebay but still silly money for the size of it(blanks for turning pens)

10. I am going to keep a close eye on this topic, as I am also looking for this.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

Thread Information