I've made a cnc controller based on an Arduino UNO for my cnc mill - maybe someone has some use for it:
- Its free and open source (VB.NET 2010 / AVR Studio 6 Assembler... not exactly an Arduino project - it just uses one as convenient and inexpensive hardware platform).
- Uses a wireless Logitech gamepad to manually control the machine from a few steps per second up to full speed.
- Controls the VFD of my chinese spindle with just 2 resistors, 1 capacitor and 1 optocoupler...
- Quite fast... >>70000 steps per second...
- Some built in commands for drilling, circles, rectangles etc. with macro editor - quite nice for simple tasks that may be done without CAM program...
More Information: Estlcam.com CAM Software
Neat... I'm doing something similar with a Raspberry Pi
Very nice .. thanks for shareing
Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
By Treemonkey in forum Resources & HelpReplies: 10Last Post: 25-04-2013, 04:47 PM
By Mad Professor in forum General ElectronicsReplies: 48Last Post: 25-03-2013, 05:07 PM
By boldford in forum Motor Drivers & ControllersReplies: 4Last Post: 30-07-2012, 10:06 PM
By ruthharm84 in forum Electronic Project BuildingReplies: 5Last Post: 06-05-2012, 12:54 AM
By wiatroda in forum General DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 02-01-2012, 10:02 AM