. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm sure you can get small vacuum pumps, as in vacuum formers, I think they can be diaphragm type its not as if you need ultra high vacuum after all just a vacuum!

peter

Quote Originally Posted by ptjw7uk View Post
    I'm sure you can get small vacuum pumps, as in vacuum formers, I think they can be diaphragm type its not as if you need ultra high vacuum after all just a vacuum!

peter
    Your right Peter but the problem is maintaining the vacuum because of all the leaks, with a good seal you would probably be able to use something like this
    Composites Vacuum Pumps and Vacuum Equipment - Easy Composites

or if you didn't want to spend that sort of money you could build your own using an old fridge compressor.

I use a degassing chamber as a vacuum reservoir, but if you dont want to use one of those I've seen people coil air pipe and use that its alot cheaper

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sorry for not getting back to you all sooner - I've been bouncing around the country doing professional firework displays.

@martin54 - It's definitely rigid PVC and not Foamex. According to the web Foamex has a density of between 0.5 and 0.7 (and so will float). I've just measured the density of some offcuts of my material and it comes in at 1.4 which fits nicely with it being Rigid PVC (1.3 - 1.45).

@martin54 - the holey mat was new for this sets of cuts.

@Jonathan - thanks for the suggestion although I'd hope that the holey mat would have the same effect although I can see that a seal just around the edge might be better.

@martin54 - thanks for the link to the vacuum pumps. Although quite expensive it's a price I can stand if it'll do the job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information