. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi All,
    I'm just wondering where you all source your rails and bearings and other cnc parts in the UK. The cheapest i've seen to date is cnc4you.co.uk.

Any cheaper places?

Regards,
    Neal

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    chai of linearmotionbearings2008 on ebay seems to be very highly recomended from people here and on cnczone.

That stuff comes from China. I imagine the customs charges must be quite high?

You get hit for 20% vat plus the courier handling charge, still cheaper than the UK!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Courier handling charge?

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    When you know exactly what rails/screws/bearings/end machining you need ask them for a quote and compare it to the prices you would otherwise be paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealieboyee View Post
    Courier handling charge?
    Yeah whoever (DPD, UPS, DHL etc) is bringing them to you from the airport stings you for a handling/processing charge...
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Norwich, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13-09-2019 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 47. Received thanks 8 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    I bought 300 quids worth of rails and ballscrews from chai and I didn't get a customs bill or courier fee or anything :). He put 63USD as the value on the customs declaration though.

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Yeah whoever (DPD, UPS, DHL etc) is bringing them to you from the airport stings you for a handling/processing charge...
    Ah thanks. Forgot about people like Schenkers....

@Asbo: Thanks for the info!

I asked Chai for a quote last night and it came in at just over half the price of the UK stuff, including shipping!

10. I buy most of my parts from Chai, as of yet I have not had any fees.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information