. .

Thread: Tiddy CNC.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    You could put a pot on the vfd front panel to control the speed if its the standard Chinese one. ..Clive

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Fitting a pot to a vfd.

Here is the link to the way I did it http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/7388-...ighlight=speed ..Clive

Great Thread, thanks Clive.

I have two NPN NC bullet type proximity switches on my X Axis. Normally the inbuilt LED lights up when the target metal approaches and triggers the switch. As of last week, one of the proximity switches is lit the whole time, I cant change its state. Mach is reporting the error when I try to home the X axis. I've run a new switch to the same connectors as the faulty one and the new switch stays lit also. Note, in case it matters both switches were in parallel during this test. I can't spot any obviously loose wires in the control box. Before I start to tear into the control box, has anyone experienced this type of failure mode from the proximity switch before? Cheers. Tony.

Have you tried them on another input ? are they 3 wire or 2 wire type ? 3 wire likely.
    Did you change the position of them so the end is more flush with the surrounding bracket ? (what I mean is that's a bad thing)
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 20-10-2014 at 08:16 AM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Hi Eddy, thanks. 3 wire, I'll change the input and report back, no - no adjustment, cant see a good reason for the signal stage and the proxy in paralell shouldnt have triggered either it was hanging in mid-air, I should have said that too.
    Last edited by TonyD; 19-10-2014 at 10:54 PM.

OK, turn out that the PX is actually behaving fine, its the other X Axis one thats dead, ran a new one in parallel and that one works as advertised so I'll just swap the dead one out. Sorry for the confusion. Tony.

Also, for those who are thinking "I thought those Px switches were reliable", they probabily are, the two I have on my X Axis have little dents in the front, no doubt from an impact with the X Axis! So no surprise that at least at one of them failed :)
    Last edited by TonyD; 19-10-2014 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Also, for those who are thinking "I thought those Px switches were reliable", they probabily are, the two I have on my X Axis have little dents in the front, no doubt from an impact with the X Axis! So no surprise that at least at one of them failed :)
    Tony can you remount them so that the target slides over the end instead of crashing into it. ..Clive

And for my next problem.. :)

So things are generally going well but very slowly. I was nicely surfacing the MDF bed of the machine but saw one of the ball screws coming away from the coupling so a good spot of tightening up was carried out and I am much more confident that wont happen again. Having created infeasible amounts of dust and also realised that the Cambam feed was set way too low I have paused to consider some options. Firstly the dust is a problem so I've got some parts on order for a cyclonic dust extractor into my Aldi ash bin and I think I'll be OK to machine some acrylic for a dust shoe but I digress...

I thought I'd add tool auto height. I read the threads, set up the inputs and did the wiring which (as its probably) relevant was just two wires from the BOB input to a set of crocodile clips one for the tool for now and one for a little plate. All was well and I tested it by touching the probe to the plate in my hands to make sure the Z retracted and it did, ... the joy :) so then the real test and as soon a I connected the crocodile clip to the end mill in the spindle the Pilz tripped out. Not the RCD's the Pilz. So, I guess its an earthing issue but without me having to draw up a wiring diagram, has anyone experienced this type of thing before? Thanks in advance chaps.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information