. .
    Hi all,
    When I was at the modeling show in harrogate last year Arceurotrade had an interesting setting:
    On one of there CNC mill they had a 4th axis and the mill was cutting a camshaft without needing re-centering the work piece.

Any idea where to find such G-code ? :-)

Laurent

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Speak to John Stevenson.

The thread about the theory behind the code along with a couple pics of the cam can be found over on the HSM board at Formulae needed
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 10-11-2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Putting thread back on track.

Laurent you can contact John on his member profile page located here: John S via Email and PM.

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 10-11-2012 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Formatting
    .Me

Thanks m_c, Lee !

Looks complicated, but I was looking for a challenge... So here is one ! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by rnr107 View Post
    Hi all,
    When I was at the modeling show in harrogate last year Arceurotrade had an interesting setting:
    On one of there CNC mill they had a 4th axis and the mill was cutting a camshaft without needing re-centering the work piece.

Any idea where to find such G-code ? :-)

Laurent
    I was talking to John at the show and he told me they where trying BobCad Cam so it's possible they did the code with that has it has a feature to do Cams, along with gears and sprockets.
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 10-11-2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Putting thread back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I was talking to John at the show
    Same, I'm pretty sure he said it was done 'by hand' by his accomplice though. In the thread m_c linked to there are plenty of options, it doesn't look difficult...
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 10-11-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Thread Information