. .
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
  1. Been a while since I posted here. Not much change to be honest, though hopefully will have some movement on planning permission in next couple of weeks.

In the meantime I've drawn up some plans for a hand ergometer (see here) as not been able to find anything suitable at a sensible price. Its a slow process, I can manage no more than a couple of hours on the computer a day (on a good day).

I haven't strayed into the general chat board for ages so I've only just seen this thread. Sorry to hear about your accident Irving and I hope your still improving. I can't believe planning has taken so long and been so difficult, do these people have no heart?

3. Thanks...

Nope, they don't and still ongoing... hopefully will have it in next 8 weeks... but whether I can afford the needed changes is still a big issue so might all be moot anyway :(

In myself I'm getting to grips with this new way of life.... but it isn't easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblycogs View Post
    I haven't strayed into the general chat board for ages so I've only just seen this thread. Sorry to hear about your accident Irving and I hope your still improving. I can't believe planning has taken so long and been so difficult, do these people have no heart?
    Last edited by irving2008; 24-08-2013 at 07:08 PM.

4. Just a little update, life continues much in same vein, been up n down last couple of months but getting out n about more and making best of the end of summer. Still trying to build upper body strengh but plateau'd a bit on that and struggling a bit to make progress.

Had a little wobbly at 7:05am yesterday - 1 year to the minute....

Still fighting Harrow on getting planning permission for house adaptations, hopefully we'll have won that battle before the end of the year, but will probably be June before work is complete.

Still, keeping positive.... :)

5. Woohoo great news - at the Harrow Planning Committee meeting last night the Members overturned the planning officers refusal recommendation and unanimously voted to approve my plans!

Such a weight off my mind! I was physically shaking with relief. And against official protocol I got to speak, they actually voted to overturn two procedural clauses to allow it. I wasn't expecting that so had to wing it for 3 minutes, but it was good And the planning officer came over as a Muppet who couldn't even get her facts right!

Now we can move on! The tenders came back over-budget, but I can work on that!

Still will be another 8 months before I go home tho
    Last edited by irving2008; 21-11-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Congratulations, that must be a real weight off your mind.

The builder we use on our place also works in London, he does good work at a fair price, would you like me to PM you his details?

7. Yes please, can't hurt & we might re-tender. 2 quotes came back close but 20% over-budget and the third was £150k more!

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Great news Irving over the years I have been through a few planning appeals and they all cost a lot of time and money. Some of the planning officers look as if they are fresh out of college. ..Clive

That's great news Irving, lets hope you can get a decent on budget quote and get things moving now!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Well done Irving. It pays to be tenacious and stick to your guns. Keep working on the builders and I am sure you will get the job done for your budget. G.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information