. .
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    I would have to agree with Chas, 12 weeks is nowhere near long enough to start thinking about what may or may not be possible, friend of mines daughter is in a wheelchair & has limited upper body & hand movement she has never given up on being able to walk, lost count of the number of painful operations she must have had. She was 18 before she managed to stand for the first time ever unaided by others. She is 23 now & still not given up on the idea of one day being able to walk.

yea, plus one with Chas. The "problems" you describe are all surmountable, some more easily than others perhaps but surmountable none the less. I'm not familiar with the C4A bit, (A trip to google will follow this) but even if there was only breath control, it's still doable.

The SMD parts question? How about modified vacuum bulb tweezers? bulb, extension tube, suction part; affixed to a variable Pantograph arrangement for the precision moves? ha! that was only my first idea... wait till to hear the ones for the powered attachments to the wrist stylus!

3. Guys. wasn't being negative was being realistic for near future and seeking ideas. of course i hope and am working on making progress

Irving i have been watching this thread and not said much at all. I feel i need to say this so forgive me, over the last year i watched a family member go down hill because of a terminal illness. What amazed me most was they way they gave up. In spite of all your problems the one thing you have shown is your spunk (excuse the term). Moments of negativity are just small hurdles and with your wider attitude you will succeed, with the people here and around you I'm sure you WILL beat this.

Enough of that now....

Maybe you need a new approach? The reason most people are here is because they enjoy building, need cnc on the cheap, enjoy a challenge?

If you had all the money in the world to buy what you needed, what would you do then?
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

5. Progress gets quicker once you get some strength back. Was managing to roll onto side, push legs over edge of plinth and sit up on edge of plinth today. Hard work, but shows arms are responding to bike/weights workouts. Also getting more confident re balance and sitting on edge with less concern about nose-diving to floor! :)

Hi Irving, I am new here and have been doing spots of reading on build logs and other things, I could really do with borrowing some of your brain power..

I've read all this thread, and Im happy for you that you are feeling more confident and stronger and I'd like to wish you all the best :)

I will send you a PM with some things (calculations) that Im struggling with if thats alright?

Sam

7. Quote Originally Posted by Treemonkey View Post
    Hi Irving, I am new here and have been doing spots of reading on build logs and other things, I could really do with borrowing some of your brain power..

I've read all this thread, and Im happy for you that you are feeling more confident and stronger and I'd like to wish you all the best :)

I will send you a PM with some things (calculations) that Im struggling with if thats alright?

Sam
    @Sam: Brainpower isn't an issue, typing is. So happy to help, but replies might be slow.

@all: trying to get voice recognition working on my Asus TF201 Android tablet. Any ideas? need a good compatible headphone/mic too.

8. Plantronics makes good wireless headphones/mic's and while not cheap Dragon naturally speaking has come a very long way in voice recon and being able to run programs off it. They also have worked with folks in your current position before and have helped integrate technologies. You might want to go take a look and give them a bell.

Michael

9. First home visit today. going to be weird seeing house after 3 months. only a couple of hours tho.. Need to clear garage into storage in next 2 weeks to start house mods. need 2 or 3 strong guys with van and maybe lifting gear who know how to strip down/move/store mill, lathe & tools. Anyone?

Yuuuuup!

Whats better, weekdays or weekend??

edit;
    Will be coming down A41 if anyone wants a lift.

Got a couple of these, strops etc I can bring along too.
    http://dropshiptraders.com/images/CST18.jpg
    Last edited by mocha; 04-02-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information