. .
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I had begun to wonder why you had so suddenly stopped posting. I'm very sorry to hear what has happened and hope you recover as much as possible, soon. I have learnt a lot from your contributions to the forum so if there's anything I can do to help let me know...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

2. Irving as a fellow biker with a good number os miles and more then a few accidents I wish you the best. As has been said before, Ask and what I can do will be done. Don't sell the tools yet, I know folks who have little to know use of their legs and work on lathes and many other tools. You will be surprised at what you are capable of with the determination that is in you. You are in our prayers and may your healing be greater then anyone expects.

Michael

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m.marino For This Useful Post:

Hello Irving, really sorry to hear about that and may I add my own best wishes to the other comments wishing you a speedy recovery.

I hope you decide not to sell any of your equipment as regardless of what level of recovery you achieve, if anyone on here can find a way of using them, you'll be the one!

If there's anything I can offer in the way of assistance or help, just ask and it will be done. (Have PM'd you too)

Max

shit bollocks fcuk!!
    im with morio here, don’t be making big decisions to sell tools just yet irving!

you still have that mind of yours and im guessing you will get the strength back in your arms... im sure people will rally to make sure your still in a position for world domination regarding home cnc etc or whatever plans you have/had

iv a sprinter/camper i could put up 3 or 4 volunteer workers up in for the odd weekend of labor... it sounds like some of these buggars might be up for some, ill come on my own if i have to but i have to warn you im a shit builder :) im ok at doing what im told though and we can help make sure this accident doesn’t get in the way of the master plan.

6. I am down on the Isle Of Wight, as most of you know, and I am more then happy and willing to come up and give you a hand with anything that you may need.

And I am sure that most of the members here would also say the same.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

7. **** mate - I'm just glad you're alive!

minilathe and maxnc mill though rest will have to be sold,.
    Don't get too hasty - It takes time, but the crap you're going through now will ease, and you will be able to do more and more (we will expect progress reports !) - you'll need those tools

will need help with this and setting up
    That's not a problem. You have plenty of friends here willing to help you sort out a workshop (and, no doubt, relieve you of any surplus tools )

Just shout when you need us.

Bill

Lee I doubt this post will get lost in the pile but any chance of making it a sticky so it stays at the top for a while, sure there will be lots of other people wanting to wish Irving all the best with his recovery.
    Lots of offers of help which is great but would be best if coordinated in some way. Maybe someone who knows Irving personally could take the lead on something like that but the first thing Irving will need is a bit of time with family to get use to the changes in his life,sure he would want to be involved if any building work is going ahead & to much to soon will just frustrate him. Took me a few months after my accident to adjust & mine wasn't anywhere near as bad as Irving's.

9. thanks all for your kind words. im still in the hi dependency trauma unit so will be some time before i'm anywhere near ready to set anything up. prob at least 9 months. i can only get online once ortwice a day; hospital routine being what it is, hopefully within the next few months i'll be moved somewhere where i can have some permanent IT setup (office are already looking into options). one finger typing with a wrist stylus is frustrating and slow. fingers are offline still and may be so for a while.

My thoughts are with you fine sir. I know little of you so feel a bit wrong posting, but ive read so much of your threads I feel I know you.

Time heals everything. No matter how bad things look at the moment, one day you will look back on this and it will not seem as bad as im sure it does at present.

I dont know your circumstances my friend, but sometimes doctors are wrong. "The mind is the most powerful of medicines."

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    thanks all for your kind words. im still in the hi dependency trauma unit so will be some time before i'm anywhere near ready to set anything up. prob at least 9 months. i can only get online once ortwice a day; hospital routine being what it is, hopefully within the next few months i'll be moved somewhere where i can have some permanent IT setup (office are already looking into options). one finger typing with a wrist stylus is frustrating and slow. fingers are offline still and may be so for a while.
    Hey Guys How amazing is that.. Irving Stuffs his bike into the back of a Van, Breaks his back, Intensive care, possible surgery, has to deal with the prospect of a long healing process, and all the family drama that goes along with it, And bright and early just before 9am, he thinks of us and finds the resolve to come on here to let us know what has happened.

You my friend are a star... (or is that stubborn!!) I suspect if it is the latter that will come in very usefull as these difficult day go by.. I know ive posted on this thread before, but i just couldnt stop thinking about it..

How our petty little problems and tantrums all pale into insignificance when something like this happens to someone such as yourself..

It really clarifies this for me.. and see my sig....

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information