. .
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    I know Irving is your friend Lee but did you really need to send him a kiss lol
    What I was going to post was this: You are quite fortunate to have the skills you have and belong to a community like this, I've spend about about a third of adult life being unable to walk without crutches and I've found that access to physio kit is either incredibly good and expensive or shocking bad crap. When you have a feel for your needs design a few machines and let us know, collectively we can the easily source the materials from scrap and plenty of time to make anything you need, just let us know.

PS if it involves hugs or handjobs bugger off and ask the missus, we are strictly mechanical. :)

2. [QUOTE=Lee Roberts;40591 Humm, not sure why that would be, if you let me know the conditions i can try to reproduce and debug. [/QUOTE] not sure what the conditions are. using Opera mobile browser 12.10-ADR on Android ICS 4.0.3/ASUS Transformer TF201 tablet.
    Last edited by irving2008; 07-01-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Ahh its probably somthing to do with the vb mobile style then, unless you view as a desktop using the tablet.
    .Me

4. Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Ahh its probably somthing to do with the vb mobile style then, unless you view as a desktop using the tablet.
    its set to 'desktop' mode. setting to tablet mode makes no difference.

5. spent 15min on a hand exercise bike machine this morning... talk about knackering... i was less exhausted cycling up Holme Moss last year.

Brought it home to me how much fitness/lung capacity I've lost and also how much less power you have in arms v legs anyway.

On another note, the 1-armed medical technician does amazing things in his workshop with just DRO equipped tools, no cnc, including custom bits for wheelchairs and custom cutlery and other adaptations.

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    spent 15min on a hand exercise bike machine this morning... talk about knackering... i was less exhausted cycling up Holme Moss last year.

Brought it home to me how much fitness/lung capacity I've lost and also how much less power you have in arms v legs anyway.

On another note, the 1-armed medical technician does amazing things in his workshop with just DRO equipped tools, no cnc, including custom bits for wheelchairs and custom cutlery and other adaptations.
    Made me feel tired just reading about your exercise Irving lol, amazed me just how quickly people lose fitness & how much harder it is to get back, that's why you get worked so hard as soon as they feel you are able.

You have a clever active mind Irving so pretty sure it won't be long before you start to come up with your own adaptions for not just yourself but others who are in need as well.

7. Likely to be here 3 - 4months at least

Yesterday tried FES on my arms to stimulate fingers. All a bit trial and error to find the right location for the electrodes. Very weird watching arms n wrist moving on their own! Didn't find fingers on this attempt. Stimulation is like an electric shock and quite painful.

8. Yes that form of treatment is painful. Are they doing any micro-current to try to stimulate nerve growth or regen? It has been shown to help in some cases (contrary to many wishes medicine is not a one shoe fits all), I know of a few Neuro's who have used it with stroke and spinal injury with some results. Best wishes and good luck.

See you are all ready looking forward, keep it up. I am still rebuilding body strength from after the cancer, it sucks.

Michael

9. Well 12weeks in post-accident and its pretty clear I'm not going to recover much hand function, now classified a C4A with C5/C6 tendencies. So considering how to continue using my workshop.

I have a small MAXNC10 CNC mill, good for small alloy and plastic parts. Should still be able to use this once I figure a way to mount and align stock & change tooling.

I have a 7x12 mini-lathe. was planning to CNC this and may yet do so, or just add DRO? again, mounting & aligning stock is an issue & changing tooling.

I have a bigger 800mm table round-column mill c1991 I could CNC but not sure its worth it. Same issues as above.

Not sure how I'm going to solder PCBs either, esp the hand-placed SMD stuff...

Lives in Nottingham(ish), United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-03-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 55. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 2 times.
    Have you seen some of the devices that help paraplegics continue with a healthy sex life yet?

There are engineering genius's out there who are able & capable to think outside of the box.

Stop focusing on what you can't do & focus on what you can. You are a long way off yet to be filling your head with assumed negatives.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information