. .
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Lives in Nottingham(ish), United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-03-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 55. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 2 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    already lookingat building own wheelchair based on ideas from wheelchairdriver.com!
    I see that you've introduced yourself & already jumped straight in the deep end :-)

Follow some of the links in his pages & you'll see that almost everything he touches somehow becomes 'interesting'.

This bloke builds pulse jet engines in his bedroom, & I've absolutely no doubt he fires them up in there too.

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    lookingat building own wheelchair based on ideas from wheelchairdriver.com!
    Meh, those things look wussy and I'm sure Jazz could build it for half the price out of a few twigs and a shopping trolley. You should challenge the guy to a jet powered wheelchair showdown at santa pod. :)

These guys may be of an interest to you aswell if you are not already aware of them.

http://www.remap.org.uk/

They are an engineering charity that custom builds adaptions for people with difficult or unusual needs that can't be satisfied by the omnipotent free-market.
    Last edited by D.C.; 06-12-2012 at 06:03 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
    Meh, those things look wussy and I'm sure Jazz could build it for half the price out of a few twigs and a shopping trolley. You should challenge the guy to a jet powered wheelchair showdown at santa pod. :)

These guys may be of an interest to you aswell if you are not already aware of them.

Welcome to Remap. Remap Custom Made Equipment For People With Disabilities

They are an engineering charity that custom builds adaptions for people with difficult or unusual needs that can't be satisfied by the omnipotent free-market.
    I'm hoping, when the time comes, the MYCNCUK collective will help me source and build my own version. thanks for that link, hadnt seen that one.

Irving,

Well i thought my life was pretty bad at the moment going through a divorce and sorting all crap out that goes with it but you have just made me realise that actually what I am going through is nothing compared to where you are right now.... After reading through your posts all i can say is that I can not even comprehend what you must be going through and how your life has been turned upside down over the last few months. Never give up though, anything is possible if you put your mind to it and have the right attitude which from what I have read it looks like you have.

Now... There is something i may be able to help you with... I design and build battery powered electric vehicles which means I have a very good understanding of drive and motor control systems. I have a very good range of Curtis motor controllers, motors, gearbox's etc. If you need to go own the road (hopefully not) of building your own wheelchair or some device to help you get a round then I am more than happy to let you have any parts that I have that will be of use to you free of charge. Also if you need any help with the design I would be more than willing to help you and I have a very good friend who does all of our fabrication work who has a very good range of equipment and will be able to manufacture anything that you/we come up with, again this would also be free of charge..

Send me a pm if I can be of help so we can exchange contact details.

Like I said, anything is possible so stay positive and keep your chin up...

5. Steve, many thanks, you have PM

Who'd have thought that you would feel the love from a bunch of metal hackers. Got to say Irving your positive attitude is amazing. Pulse jet powered wheelchair, now your talking.
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Lives in Nottingham(ish), United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-03-2013 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 55. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 2 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by D.C. View Post

Welcome to Remap. Remap Custom Made Equipment For People With Disabilities

I often auction the prototypes & first off's of the things I make on eBay with 100% of the proceeds going to NABD. Having had a brief looksy at the Remap site I reckon I'll start splitting the proceeds 2 ways.

Irving I have limited skills but if you need some small parts making let me have the plans and I'll try my best to make them.

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    I'm hoping, when the time comes, the MYCNCUK collective will help me source and build my own version. thanks for that link, hadnt seen that one.
    I have bugger all qualifications or engineering experience and I'm broke. But on the plus side I'm unemployed and my fingers still work so if you need a couple of weeks of unpaid loading machines etc I would be happy to donate time and elbow grease.

10. Quote Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
    I have bugger all qualifications or engineering experience and I'm broke. But on the plus side I'm unemployed and my fingers still work so if you need a couple of weeks of unpaid loading machines etc I would be happy to donate time and elbow grease.
    Sorry to hear that DC, what's your normal line of work. I'm sure an extra pairof hands will be useful one day...

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information