. .
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. was fortunate a bed came up at short notice. going to be slow over xmas then the real work starts

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    When recovering from injuries I have always found it useful to keep records of what I can do physically, that when you are having a down day you can see concrete evidence of improvement, even if it is slow, small and painful...

Just out of interest have you had a play with speech recognition software? It has improved a lot in the last few years. It does need training and it will make mistakes but correcting one word per sentence might work out faster for you.

Have a good chistmas!

Must admit I never found it necessary to keep a written record, physio's work you that hard & that often plus constantly remind you so its difficult to forget lol.
    I always find a short time thinking about what life must be like for someone I know who is far worse off than me is the best way to snap myself out of any down days. Works for me but the important thing is to find something that helps with the down days so you don't end up making things far worse for yourself.

Speech recognition software, now that brings back memories lol. One of the most useless programs I ever had was a speech recognition program for my commodore 128 (that's going back a few years). Sure they must have come on leaps & bounds since those days lol.

4. StanMore, Stoke Mandeville ? S&M all sounds a bit kinky to me.

Merry Christmas, Irving ;)

and indeed Merry Christmas everyone :)

Bill

5. Quote Originally Posted by BillTodd View Post
    StanMore, Stoke Mandeville ? S&M all sounds a bit kinky to me.

Merry Christmas, Irving ;)

and indeed Merry Christmas everyone :)

Bill
    Thanks Bill, merry Xmas to you and all on MYCNCUK.

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Merry xmas to you too, I hope you are ignoring all medical advice and getting very drunk on christmas day, you deserve it now tuck in to the turkey and sherry! :)

PS Just to add hospitals have lots of funky drugs to fix hangovers and over eating... ;)

7. HAppy New Year to all. Looking forward to 2013 as a new beginning...

Looking forward,is a good place to be, Heres to a more than expected Recovery Irving.
    Physioterrorists worked me hard after my bike accident and I cursed the lot of em, but I have to say, I'd be buggered without them, they did a fantastic job although I didn't feel like thanking them at the time.
    I'm very glad that they where there to kick my arse.
    Stay with it, and push on, come whatever, All the best from another perfect stranger on the internet.
    Best wishes
    Rick.

Happy New Year to you Irving (and everyone else of course!) here's hoping that you make a better than expected recovery and are in a better place soon.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by BedlamRik View Post
    Looking forward,is a good place to be, Heres to a more than expected Recovery Irving.
    Physioterrorists worked me hard after my bike accident and I cursed the lot of em, but I have to say, I'd be buggered without them, they did a fantastic job although I didn't feel like thanking them at the time.
    I'm very glad that they where there to kick my arse.
    Stay with it, and push on, come whatever, All the best from another perfect stranger on the internet.
    Best wishes
    Rick.
    Couldn't agree more, it's not till latter on you appreciate what they have actually done for you.

All the best for 2013 Irving

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information