. .
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1. bad few days has left me shattered... blood pressure all over the place, 75 to 195! no sleep last night, old guy in next bed didn't make it at 3am :( plus my web domain expired for no reason on fridayeve so no email till i sort on monday... hey ho...

Lives in Lincoln, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17-06-2020 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 252. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Things might be looking grim at the moment, but I'm sure it will all come together later on. Keep fighting buddy!

All the best,
    dsc.

What that’s not normal? Dear god I better book an appointment with my Doctor! Maybe you should stop having a sneaky look when the nurses bend over the bed .. then again.. why not lol ?? When my dad went for his transplant opp they were worried because his blood pressure rocked , when the doctor asked him if he was worried about the operation he said “ I’m not worried about the operation in the slightest, I am worried however that I have reached the age of 72 and so far no other man has touched my balls”, looking over at the gay male nurse unpacking and pack of BIC razors. “I understand said the doctor, I’ll see what I can do. Later the doctor returned and said” bloody pressure’s higher than before!” My Dad answered, “Son I maybe 72 but I can still appreciate the tits on that nurse you sent, and you try stopping your first hard on for 10 years !!”.

Sorry to hear about the old guy Irving, hope he passed peacefully.
    Chin up dude .. God’s not finished with you yet !

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. lol 5T made me smile... had a better day today, even got down to coffee shop for 30min in wheelchair.

Just got round to reading this, not really been on the forum here for a while. Sorry to hear about this and I hope you make the best recovery possible.
    I do some woodturning now and again and once went to demo by a guy in a wheelchair, cant remember his name now unfortunately, but he turned out some beautiful work. He had his lathe height altered to suit him and also some of his tools to allow him to work comfortably.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    Just got round to reading this, not really been on the forum here for a while. Sorry to hear about this and I hope you make the best recovery possible.
    I do some woodturning now and again and once went to demo by a guy in a wheelchair, cant remember his name now unfortunately, but he turned out some beautiful work. He had his lathe height altered to suit him and also some of his tools to allow him to work comfortably.
    Think i've seen his website. he's a T12 so has full hand function.. I have no fingers/grip so need more radical solutions...

7. .. need more radical solutions...
    Direct brain-machine interface it is then....

"Nurse, pass me the croc-clips. I'm going in..."

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BillTodd View Post
    Direct brain-machine interface it is then....
    There's an open source EGC. I started making one a long time ago but didn't get very far.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    Did you do any hand wood turning before the accident? I imagine CNC expertise/hobbying is a big plus for someone needing to adapt to life in your situation, even in the worst case scenario if you don't recover the use of your hands with practice you will still be able to control a computer well enough to program/design/CAD/CAM things, you would just need assitance loading and unloading things on to the machine. Your skillset also means you can design and manufacture your own personal adaptions to a chair/house far more cheaply than most people could ever imagine, after you recover you might even find the new life you have is an asset for starting a business designing and producing disability adaptions for others?

CNC mill/lathe/pick and place, slave to do the carrying and fetching and you are good to go. :)

10. Quote Originally Posted by D.C. View Post
    Did you do any hand wood turning before the accident? I imagine CNC expertise/hobbying is a big plus for someone needing to adapt to life in your situation, even in the worst case scenario if you don't recover the use of your hands with practice you will still be able to control a computer well enough to program/design/CAD/CAM things, you would just need assitance loading and unloading things on to the machine. Your skillset also means you can design and manufacture your own personal adaptions to a chair/house far more cheaply than most people could ever imagine, after you recover you might even find the new life you have is an asset for starting a business designing and producing disability adaptions for others?

CNC mill/lathe/pick and place, slave to do the carrying and fetching and you are good to go. :)
    hey DC, way ahead of you there, was already thinking that on day 3 or 4. auto-tool changer, jig-based work-holder with hydraulic lock-down and auto-align using camera... all i need to do is manhandle stock into place and press 'go'. already lookingat building own wheelchair based on ideas from wheelchairdriver.com!

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information