Hello everyone,
I've had my self built router finished for a while now, but its only recently that I've had any time to get use out of it. I built it for milling aluminium parts and it has a 800 Kress spindle. Having no prior knowledge of CNC I just plugged in some modest values for the feeds and speeds and I just never changed them. At the moment I'm cutting at 0.8mm deep every pass, with a 140 mm/min feed rate, usually a 6mm diameter endmill, sometimes 8. I have a pump/tank for flood cooling but haven't really got it set up yet, so I've just been spraying wd40 every so often. The jog rate is 300mm/min and the spindle is set to 2 which I pretty sure means 2,000 RPM. Although this is painfully slow, I was scared of ruining something by going higher so I just stuck with it. However after getting the trial of GWizard, I am now thinking I could be going much faster. However, not really trusting a piece of software I though I might ask around here and see what everyone thought. Like I say its a self built router, fixed gantry, profile rails all round, and it takes two people to lift it. I'll post pics if that makes and difference.

Oh BTW I'm using carbide endmills form Cutwell... http://www.cutweltools.co.uk/files/ww/SM%20A155.pdf. Its not like I know what I'm talking about, but they seem good quality... I know I've cut myself on them all to easily whilst getting parts off the bed etc.

Thank you to anyone who responds with advice :)
David.