. .
    Lives in Dunedin, New Zealand. Last Activity: 06-02-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 275. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    I am learning to use Mach3 for my CNC/router machine. I have the demo version.

I load the wizard inside Mach and pick one of the tabs. Why am I getting the X,Y and Z axis under the visual table in the display window ? as the file executes, in the display the tool starts at the bottom and works its way up towards the table. Obviously I have something set wrong, but I have changed almost everything I can think of but no luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mach.JPG 
Views:	343 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	7373  

assuming i know what your saying...
    off the top of my head i can only think you have your Z going + on the plunge instead of -
    go to motor setup and select or un select active low for your Z axis (i think)

Lives in Dunedin, New Zealand. Last Activity: 06-02-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 275. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    I think i have sust it. In the "Homing/limits" tab, I just put a minus in front of the Z axis "Soft min" table height. That seems to of fixed it

Not up & running myself yet but have you watched any of the video tutorials for mach3? You can find them here

ArtSoft USA - Videos

May be worth a try if you haven't already checked.

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Not up & running myself yet but have you watched any of the video tutorials for mach3? You can find them here

ArtSoft USA - Videos

May be worth a try if you haven't already checked.
    Yes I have, but I have one PC. No internet in my workshop....so when I finish watching a vid, I have to unplug everything...take it into the workshop...reconnect everything to my CNC. A right pain in the arse !

Sounds like you need to look on fleabay for a cheap desktop pc for the workshop, you can pick them up for less than 50 quid
    Last edited by njhussey; 15-11-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Or if you don't fancy a second hand computer you could either buy a 200 mtr long cable & leave the computer where it is or download the tutorials & watch them from the comfort of your workshop

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    200mtr I thought that the max was about 100mtr without a switch because of timeing issues

Thread Information