. .

Thread: My build log

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    610 centres are a bit wide. 450mm would have been better, it would have made the floor less "springy". Before you fix down your plywood are you going to treat the underside of it? When I did mine I simply laid out the sheets and poured out a couple of gallons of creosote and brushed it over with an old sweeping brush, left it a couple of hours then turned them over and fixed it down. Are the timbers of the base treated? What type of roof are you going for, flat sloping or apex?

I,ve built quite a few out buildings, and find that this spacing works well, and takes the weight very well too. As long as it has bearings underneath, that helps alot. The wood is treated, and i will be putting a dpm membrane on the whole underneath to prevent dampness. The sides will have the membrane on them as well, and the roof will be pitched, with a heavy felt on and strapped down to protect from the strong west wind that i seem to get hit with now and again. I have creosote and old engine oil that will be applied to all wood liable to be hit by weather, so all in all, making sure its done correctly from the start, and to last. Thanks for your advice ian.

alex

Apex roof is always better. I remember measuring the dip in my old workshop roof years ago when it was covered in about 1 foot of snow as I was sure I could actually see it bending under the weight.
    Creosote and oil good for the wood and it also makes a decent weed killer.

It's about flippin time to Alex lol, things never go the way you plan them do they, well they don't for me anyway. Good to see you have been able to make some progress with it at last. Need to go for a drive about looking for a part built shed now to check on progress lol.

lets hope you dont find it martin, because i want it complete by this weekend lol. Thats one of the sides been done now, i,m away to do the other and the gable end. Then its machine time yipee lol

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    Creosote and oil good for the wood and it also makes a decent weed killer.
    Also makes decent fire lighters.!!. . .

More progress today

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0916 (478x640).jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	288.0 KB 
ID:	8199

The bomb sight

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0917 (478x640).jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	289.2 KB 
ID:	8200

Once this is all finished it will have been well worth it. Really cold today, with an easterly wind. Glad the sun made a showing, as it would have been bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by alex wight View Post
    lets hope you dont find it martin, because i want it complete by this weekend lol. Thats one of the sides been done now, i,m away to do the other and the gable end. Then its machine time yipee lol
    Just looked at the latest pictures Alex, that's absolutely amazing..... Those sides & gable end are completely invisible lol

Mind you the downside is that everyone will be able to see what you have stored in there or more importantly (maybe) what you are doing in there

You weren't wrong about it being cold today, I didn't venture out for long at all lol.

Numpty lol

Who's a numpty ?? Me.....you or both of us lol.
    Any progress made today Alex, it was bitterly cold today so wouldn't be surprised if you hadn't got a lot done. Snow forecast for tomorrow as well which won't help.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information