. .

Thread: My build log

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    no matter what forum it is im on... i like the actual garages / workshops more than I do the subject of the forum.. in this case cnc but the same with woodworking, welding... there needs to be a site that just shows pictures of peoples workshops :-D

Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    no matter what forum it is im on... i like the actual garages / workshops more than I do the subject of the forum.. in this case cnc but the same with woodworking, welding... there needs to be a site that just shows pictures of peoples workshops :-D
    And I thought I was a sad so & so lol

I cant see any tie bars, king posts or trusses on the photo of the roof but it doesnt show the inside of the roof structure. Are you planning on adding them later if you havent fitted them?

They are all there, and the dwangs are being fitted today. ;-))

Thats great. I couldnt see them on the photo.

Alex, sassanach? here - whats a dwang? I didn't ask last time you said it, but mentioning it twice!! G.

Goeffrey pmsl, its a supporting brace that supports the panels that are fitted. You have the uprights which the panels are fixed to, then you have cross members for added strength. i,ll put up a photo of a DWANG lol

alex

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alex wight For This Useful Post:

FAF. Im not sure everyone will want to see a picture of your dwang!!!!

Geofrey, you might know it as a nogging which is what I knew them as before I was exiled lol

Thanks Martin, I do indeed know what a nogging is. I worked in the construction industry for 20 years and did not believe there were any building terms that I was unfamiliar with. I guess you live and learn. I wonder what other little gems are hidden under those kilts!! G.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information