. .

Thread: My build log

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    BUMP!
    You cant start a topic like this, post all these inspiring pictures.. then just stop!. Im in desperate need of an update down here!! lets have some pics!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    BUMP!
    You cant start a topic like this, post all these inspiring pictures.. then just stop!. Im in desperate need of an update down here!! lets have some pics!
    Funny you should say that, I was looking last night & wondered what had happened to Alex updates. The weather up here hasn't been to bad lately so I know he will have been getting on with it. Hopefully it's just a case of Alex being to busy with the build that he hasn't had time to update the thread.

Hi sorry for not posting. My workshop is now built 99%, just waiting on a few bits and bobs. As for my machine build, I have had a few set backs. I was hoping to back to work after my bike accident, but after having an injection to supposedly help me, made me worse. I now have to have more time of work, which means cash is very low at the moment. Once I get settled back into my work I'll be getting cracked on, and then you will see regular updates at a great pace. Thanks for thinking of me tho lol.

Quote Originally Posted by alex wight View Post
    Hi sorry for not posting. My workshop is now built 99%, just waiting on a few bits and bobs. As for my machine build, I have had a few set backs. I was hoping to back to work after my bike accident, but after having an injection to supposedly help me, made me worse. I now have to have more time of work, which means cash is very low at the moment. Once I get settled back into my work I'll be getting cracked on, and then you will see regular updates at a great pace. Thanks for thinking of me tho lol.
    99% always an exciting time, get well soon, i look forward to reading your logs

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    99% always an exciting time, get well soon, i look forward to reading your logs

Rick
    Thank you very much rick

We were starting to worry about you Alex, seems with good reason lol.

Hope it's not to much of a setback for you, like Rick I have been enjoyed following the progress so far. Hope to be reading more of it soon.

Hi Alex, ditto. Geoff.

Cheers guys, I'll keep in touch once I get going.

well here we are again. Time has moved on quite a bit so a wee update as to where i am at the moment. Back to work, but shoulder still not healed, taking my insurance company to court as still not had my claim yet (the driver that ht me is insured with the same company as myself). The workshop is well and truly up and running, to the extent that i have registered myself as a small business. I am making racing pigeon supplies ie boxes, perches, baskets, and its really busy. As for my machine, i wanted to get it back on track today, but after buying a metal cutting blade for my chop saw at £56, the blade blunted after just 4 cuts so is going back. Looks like i,ll be hiring a chop saw (abrasive wheel) for next week end.

as for the plans, i will be building a machine to be able to cope with hard woods and plastics. Most of the details are the same as the originals. The size will be to take a half sheet so the bed will be 1450mm x 1450mm, there will be an overhang at one end to accommodate a 4th axis. There will be 3 legs all with diagonals so strength will be there, i will get plans and photos up when i eventually get the long awaited start, started.

alex

though fear of hijacking your brand new build thread, thought it would be more appropriate for me to post here. We are all still desperately awaiting further photos of this workshop build... that just stopped.... when you get a minute.. lets have some pictures of it now. even if its not finished....

;D

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information