. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    You are of course correct as always Jonathan....message was sent from a mobile phone and flipping auto correct must have kicked in ;)
    lmao, story of my life!

Close's the google search for HTC belts....

.Me
    .Me

Lives in walsall, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-04-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 29.
    Guys Just a thought, is it possible to cut shapes in to a 5x10 sheet continuously through with a 5ftx3ft router?? just thinking if it would be ok to cut as sections by aligning correctly and setting a 0,0 axis co ordinates so it flows through. will that work?? so e.g 5x10 sheet would be done in 4 sections and for each section you reset to 0,0. :-D obviously the bed frame wont have a front and back end on the bed just the sides, to allow to accomadate a sheet to feed through.

Lives in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-01-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 326. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 24 times.
    I don't see why not as long as you can reposition the work piece very precisely.

Perhaps using the cnc machine to drill holes at exact positions on the sheet and then advance the sheet along to it's new position and use the holes to secure the workpiece in it's new exact position?

Quote Originally Posted by scnc View Post
    Guys Just a thought, is it possible to cut shapes in to a 5x10 sheet continuously through with a 5ftx3ft router?? just thinking if it would be ok to cut as sections by aligning correctly and setting a 0,0 axis co ordinates so it flows through. will that work?? so e.g 5x10 sheet would be done in 4 sections and for each section you reset to 0,0. :-D obviously the bed frame wont have a front and back end on the bed just the sides, to allow to accomadate a sheet to feed through.
    With a cutting area of 5' x 3' you would have a lot of board hanging over one side of the machine up to 7 feet which would require the proper support.
    Wouldn't really be an option for me as I would be looking at building a machine big enough to take a 10x5 board if I wanted to machine material that big. I don't so it's not a problem for me.

Lives in walsall, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-04-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 29.
    Thanx guys for your answers, Due to lack of space I dont really have an option to make such a large machine or it would take up all the floor space!

Guys just a few more questions which have arisen on my quest:

Someone mentioned a waterpump. What is this and why would i need it?? I assume its to cool the material down maybe??
    also am i right in thinking i need 4 different ballscrews. two on the long side of the bed, one on the width and one on the height. does this mean i need 3 different sizes? how do i know which sizes to get??

I have come accross a cnc bed which sucks the material down. This was on a ready made one. is that expensive? also is it a necessity?

On average from the plans how long should it take to make the machine?? (approximately)

Thanks all

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information