. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dudz View Post
    I get nothing here. I do as you instruct, press the "Drill" button, then on the left column the Drill shows under machining. I cannot get anything that lets me alter depth,drill size,plunge rate. I double click on the "drill" on the left hand column, but nothing happens.
    Sometimes I've noticed that the drill 'settings' has shrunk down to the bottom of the screen (left hand lower part of your screen) & needs you to go & drag that part of the view up with your mouse....

Lives in Dunedin, New Zealand. Last Activity: 06-02-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 275. Received thanks 2 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Yes, I found it now....thanks. Spent hours today on it. Got some good results. I produced a design with 5 milling profiles. I produced the tool-paths, and then made the g-code. Opened Mach3 and imported. Only once out of around 20 times did all the profiles show in mach. I have no idea why or how I managed to get all of it to work in Mach once and not the other times. I'm sure I did not change anything. I have only "Profile 1" and "Profile 4" that now actually shows up in mach.
    Any ideas please ?

Quote Originally Posted by dudz View Post
    Yes, I found it now....thanks. Spent hours today on it. Got some good results. I produced a design with 5 milling profiles. I produced the tool-paths, and then made the g-code. Opened Mach3 and imported. Only once out of around 20 times did all the profiles show in mach. I have no idea why or how I managed to get all of it to work in Mach once and not the other times. I'm sure I did not change anything. I have only "Profile 1" and "Profile 4" that now actually shows up in mach.
    Any ideas please ?

Not sure (I don't use Mach3 as I prefer CNC-USB)....you could try going to 'system' (top of the screen), then clicking on post processors & then selecting Mach3? Else you could try asking the forum....

http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/ ...I'm sure someone will know there (it's worth persevering with the teething troubles...IMHO it really is a great piece of software - & I've trialed a lot of different CAD/CAM apps!)
    Last edited by HankMcSpank; 18-11-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Dolplhin PartMaster CAM and CAD modules both have a 'Pattern' feature which provides for
    the definition of a Rectangular or Bolt Hole pattern of Holes which can then be subsequently
    submitted to the Drill operation. Details can be found at Dolphin Hobby Cad Cam Software, PartMaster, CNC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information