. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Is there a prize for thread resurrection - this has been dormant for the best part of 8 years.
    Probably not, but there should be ;-)

Well, I was reading avidly until the thread stopped! lol.

I would like to resurrect this fine thread just one more time, if you folks could lend some wisdom

I have a Boxford 125 TCL with Mach 3 and I am struggling to get the spindle to rotate. The X and Z axis’ are working as they should but the spindle is not turning at all

I’ve scoured the web for a few days and haven’t managed to find any remedy. I believe it could be down to incorrect parameters within:

Ports and Pins > Spindle Setup
    Ports and Pins > Motor Outputs (“Spindle”)

I have taken the back off the lathe and traced the motor cables hoping to find trace it to a numbered port on a circuitboard but it seems a bit more complicated than that. I haven’t got a clue how the spindle’s motor is controlled and if the parameters are correct (likely not)

As you can probably tell I’m a complete novice with these builds/setups. If anybody could point me in the direction of basics to check on the machine itself and in the parameters it would be a huge help

Thanks, Repro

Quote Originally Posted by Reprobus View Post
    I would like to resurrect this fine thread just one more time, if you folks could lend some wisdom

I have a Boxford 125 TCL with Mach 3 and I am struggling to get the spindle to rotate. The X and Z axis’ are working as they should but the spindle is not turning at all

I’ve scoured the web for a few days and haven’t managed to find any remedy. I believe it could be down to incorrect parameters within:

Ports and Pins > Spindle Setup
    Ports and Pins > Motor Outputs (“Spindle”)

I have taken the back off the lathe and traced the motor cables hoping to find trace it to a numbered port on a circuitboard but it seems a bit more complicated than that. I haven’t got a clue how the spindle’s motor is controlled and if the parameters are correct (likely not)

As you can probably tell I’m a complete novice with these builds/setups. If anybody could point me in the direction of basics to check on the machine itself and in the parameters it would be a huge help

Thanks, Repro
    Really Repro you need to start a new thread.
    Lots of us have been through the mill with a TCL and I have some useful info and indeed have had some hard knocks experience , but better to start afresh than to tag onto this nine year old thread .
    Lots of guys with legitimate experience could be passing it by for that reason alone .

Yes please ! Start a new thread with lots of clear pictures and screen shots.

Thank you both for your replies. I will try to make a post tonight with a rundown of my machine and my Mach3 settings

I spent all weekend trying to get the spindle rotating and didn’t get anywhere, but I’m sure it’ll be down to something relatively simple

Either way I’m looking forward to learning more about my machine and how it operates

Thanks, Repro

I’ve created a post as requested :)

Many thanks

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/14802...729#post126729

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information