. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lives in walsall, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-04-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 29.
    Hi all,

I need approximately 2-3 machines building or even the one if too much to ask. I will pay money and can come to you. I can do all the hard work i.e get all the electronics, cutting of the parts e.t.c. all i really need is advice, design and assembly help and someone to point me in the right direction. If interested then please let me know or email me directly on

EMAIL REDACTED

Im based in the midlands, walsall but can come to you.

Thank you
    Last edited by mocha; 14-11-2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: email removed

hi SCNC
    Welcome to the forums

I've edited your post to remove the email address, but changed your settings, you should be able to send / receive PMs now ( or after one more post!) let me know if you have any problems..

thanks
    mocha

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mocha For This Useful Post:

You can get that sort of help just by asking questions on the forum. If you have a read through some of the build logs that should help a lot with design plus you will pick up lots of other useful info at the same time.
    If you have your own ideas about design & post then on the forum some of the more experienced members will be able to advise you on any changes that need to be made or ways to improve the design if it needs it.

Lives in walsall, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-04-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 29.
    Hi Martin,

I wouldnt know where to start. My knowledge is limited on how I could build a machine. The information is overwhelming, I dont know which parts to buy and are the suitable ones but I think I would be able to build the frame work and cut the pieces as I have a plotter so making the patterns shouldnt be an issue for me. which are the proper ball screws, stepper motors and the right power output is all overwhelming. Thinking of making it out of aluminium and the electronics seem all difficult. I thought the best way to make the machine is work live with someone who can give me a better understanding of what would be the best way forward.

Hi there,

Sounds like you are in the same position as most of us were/are before we started on this forum. If you read the build threads you'll see the sort of equipment people have used. Mostly along the way things have changed from their initial brief.

Before people will comment on the equipment you'd need you will need to specify the size of machine you want and what you want to cut. You'll also get better responses if you show a design and list the equipment as people will chip in with their advice (usually based on experience)
    Neil...

Build log...here

As Neil has said the first thing to do is to decide what you want the machine for & what sort of materials you would like to cut. From that the size, manufacturing materials & electronics can all be worked out. People will keep you straight on what to buy & what not to buy if you ask but obviously it does require some input from yourself.

I doubt having a plotter will be of any benefit to you with something like this unless you want to make it look pretty once it is built

The other thing about having a hand in the design & build of the machine is that when things go wrong at least you have some knowledge already which can help with sorting the problems out.

hi SCNC
    i could help you with all you want i am only a hour up the road in Oswestry i am just finishing a job but have some time to spare after it i have a decent workshop
    to include

box pan folder
    cnc mill
    lathes
    band-saw
    welder 400 amp mig
    welder 170 amp mig
    sandblasting
    powder coating with large range of stock colours
    cnc plasma cutter
    forklift
    and old me with a wealth of information and skill lol

i have been making mobile sawmills just on the last one for a customer in south wales
    what is it you need to achieve ?

thanks
    Ricky

Hi Ricky,

I am looking for a 5ft x 3ft approximately,

If I bought all the parts, and helped make some of the construction, how long will it take you to make the machine??

hi couple of days at most i would say depends how exotic you want to make it lol

Quote Originally Posted by millmateuk View Post
    hi couple of days at most i would say depends how exotic you want to make it lol
    Hi Ricky,

So basically im thinking of having the stand fabricated, will make the box section bed, would need the stepper motors mounting and the couplers attaching to the ballscrew and may need some help with the gantry part and rails.

So how much would you charge me if we made this machine??

Thanx buddy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information